Porting code from 16-bit to 32-bit compiler
Author Message
 Porting code from 16-bit to 32-bit compiler

Hi, I need some help in porting code from an old (16-bit)
Microsoft Visual C++ compiler to a new 32-bit compiler.

We have some code, originally compiled with Microsoft
Visual C++ version 1.52, a 16-bit compiler, using MFC
classes. For the dialogs we have used a class derived
from the MFC class CScrollView. This displays perfectly
when compiled in 1.52, but when ported to 6.00 the
dialogs are now skewed (thinner and taller than before),
yet we have not changed any code yet. Any ideas?
Thanks

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:38:46 GMT
 Porting code from 16-bit to 32-bit compiler

Steve!

"Thinner and taller" sounds like the difference of the fonts used for 16-
and 32-bit apps respectively.

Dialogs are measured in "dialog units", based on the system font, and with
different fonts, you'll get different ratios.

Setting the font to the old-style system font (I think the two fonts are the
stock objeckts SYSTEM_FONT and ANSI_VAR_FONT respectively, but you'll have
to experiment - check SelectStockObject in the online help) is one solution,
but your app will look "16-bit". Another is to simply redesign your dialogs.

Johan Rosengren
Responsable Informatique
PACTA S.A.

Quote:
> Hi, I need some help in porting code from an old (16-bit)
> Microsoft Visual C++ compiler to a new 32-bit compiler.

> We have some code, originally compiled with Microsoft
> Visual C++ version 1.52, a 16-bit compiler, using MFC
> classes. For the dialogs we have used a class derived
> from the MFC class CScrollView. This displays perfectly
> when compiled in 1.52, but when ported to 6.00 the
> dialogs are now skewed (thinner and taller than before),
> yet we have not changed any code yet. Any ideas?
> Thanks

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:14:06 GMT
 Porting code from 16-bit to 32-bit compiler
Its a long URL:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/devprods/vs6/visualc/vccore/_core_u...
previous_16.2d.bit_versions_of_visual_c.2b2b.htm

Hi, I need some help in porting code from an old (16-bit)
Microsoft Visual C++ compiler to a new 32-bit compiler.

We have some code, originally compiled with Microsoft
Visual C++ version 1.52, a 16-bit compiler, using MFC
classes. For the dialogs we have used a class derived
from the MFC class CScrollView. This displays perfectly
when compiled in 1.52, but when ported to 6.00 the
dialogs are now skewed (thinner and taller than before),
yet we have not changed any code yet. Any ideas?
Thanks

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:34:07 GMT

1. Porting 16 bit code to 32 bit : Resource file with RCDATA

2. Porting 16-bit to 32-bit code and the use of the LOWORD and HIWORD macros

3. porting 16-bit int to 32-bit int with asm code

4. Porting from 16-bit to 32-bit

5. help porting 16 bit to 32 bit (partly assembly) application

6. porting __segment from 16-bit DLL to 32-bit

7. Porting 16-bit to 32-bit

8. Porting 16-bit app to 32-bit

9. Porting from 16-bit to 32-bit

10. Porting from 16-bit to 32-bit in VC++

11. HELP: porting 16 bit mfc program to 32 bit (mfc v5)

12. Problem Porting a 16 bit DLL to 32 bit