CDialog.DoModal problem
Author Message
 CDialog.DoModal problem

Hi,

I created a dialog resource and class, and in the View double click handler I
created the custom dialog object and called DoModal:

CMyDialog dlg;
dlg.DoModal();

however, the dialog is not displayed. I know the function is being called
because a MessageBox function in it works. I looked through all the code and
could not fin a cause. Any ideas welcome.

TIA

LT_WOLFE

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 01:13:30 GMT
 CDialog.DoModal problem
See if the following KB article helps you

        Q166132 - PRB: Dialog With RichEdit May Fail During Creation

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul

Quote:
> Hi,

> I created a dialog resource and class, and in the View double click
handler I
> created the custom dialog object and called DoModal:

> CMyDialog dlg;
> dlg.DoModal();

> however, the dialog is not displayed. I know the function is being called
> because a MessageBox function in it works. I looked through all the code
and
> could not fin a cause. Any ideas welcome.

> TIA

> LT_WOLFE

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 01:26:41 GMT
 CDialog.DoModal problem
Hi,

Try to do a "Rebuild All" and looks for errors. Sometimes changing something
doesn't get reflected until you do a "Rebuild All"

If that don't work, your best bet is to make another Dialog and see if the
2nd one works.
If the 2nd doesn't work. You got more problems, but if it does,
Then there must be something in the dialog class that you played with.

It could be a resource ID if you messed with those.

Regards,

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 03:45:39 GMT
 CDialog.DoModal problem
Hi reporting back on my problem:

I found that if I removed half of the controls in the dialog, it came up OK. I
went ahead and made the whole thing a propertysheet as there was too much on
one page. Thanks Guys!!!!

LT_WOLFE

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 22:49:58 GMT

1. HELP! CDialog/DoModal problems in regular DLL

2. CDialog::DoModal(), CDialog::EndDialog() Design Flaw

3. Problem with CDialog::DoModal()

4. Problem with CDialog::DoModal() after installing IE4.0

5. Q: How to move a CDialog before calling DoModal()

6. Q: CDialog::DoModal () fails

7. CDialog::DoModal

8. Using DoModal from CDialog when called from a DLL

9. Help. CDialog::DoModal Fail in _beginthreadex

10. CDialog::DoModal() Behaviour

11. Invalid Page Fault from CDialog.DoModal()

12. Calling CDialog::DoModal crashes