COM and passing an opened database connection
Author Message
 COM and passing an opened database connection

Hi,

I don't know much for the moment about COM, but I'm sure that you're going
to have trouble...
Under ODBC, basically each application (Exe) must be connected via its own
handle (HENV), and the handle from one Exe can't be used by an other Exe.

It means that your COM server must connect alone as it's going up and then
and only then share it's connections between clients.

By saying share connections I mean allocating resources for each client and
transferring calls and data in the proper way between your COM server and
the clients. In fact a bit like a Transaction server will act...

Have fun!

Eric

Quote:
>Hello,

>I'm starting for the first time a COM project.  I want to make an in proc
>COM server DLL.

>Does anybody know how to pass an opened ODBC database connection (Visual
>C++: CDatabase
>object) to this COM server?   We are using Sequelink ODBC drivers with a
>limited amount of
>users so I want to avoid  opening a connection in both the COM client and
>server.

>thanks,

>Ignace

Sat, 19 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Open database connection using [WebMethod]?

2. How to open secured database through ODBC without sending UID and PWD in connection string

3. Passing a database connection parameter

4. how do u fetch database connection parameters in a ATL COM application

5. Passing ODBC-Connection Handle to COM-Object

6. How can one pass a connection to a COM object

7. Open Connection Access Violation for ADO in ATL COM

8. How to Open Connection in ATL COM

9. Opening a database using a COM object

10. Opening a database with a COM object

11. ATL COM - Passing ATL COM classes through another ATL COM class in the same app

12. Connection points between a VB COM-based and ATL COM-based (NT Service) MTA