MFC Newbie again. 
Author Message
 MFC Newbie again.

I'm craeting an MFC application and I added a menu to my
dialog. When I run the application, and click on the menu,
it doesn't drop down. I added the menu to another dialog
and it works fine. This is day three for my for MFC (I've
done it way back), I've had only silly problems like this,
thanks for your help.
Mark


Sat, 17 Dec 2005 22:25:45 GMT  
 MFC Newbie again.

hi..

we can help you if you can add your code in here .

first you should  define

CMenu m_newmenu;

then

m_NewMenu.LoadMenu(ID_YOUR_MENU);

    SetMenu(NULL);
     SetMenu(&m_NewMenu);



Sat, 17 Dec 2005 22:45:46 GMT  
 MFC Newbie again.
That's my code exactly, and I get the same problem. It
works fine in another dialog.
Quote:
>-----Original Message-----

>hi..

>we can help you if you can add your code in here .

>first you should  define

>CMenu m_newmenu;

>then

>m_NewMenu.LoadMenu(ID_YOUR_MENU);

>    SetMenu(NULL);
>     SetMenu(&m_NewMenu);

>.



Sat, 17 Dec 2005 23:12:24 GMT  
 MFC Newbie again.
Perhaps you should compare the two to find the differences/similarities.


Quote:
> That's my code exactly, and I get the same problem. It
> works fine in another dialog.



Sat, 17 Dec 2005 23:40:46 GMT  
 MFC Newbie again.
Actually, the code you showed is pretty convoluted. Just go to the dialog properties box,
select the menu ID using the dropdown at the right, and you are done. I've never had a
dialog menu fail when I used this technique.
                                        joe

Quote:

>I'm craeting an MFC application and I added a menu to my
>dialog. When I run the application, and click on the menu,
>it doesn't drop down. I added the menu to another dialog
>and it works fine. This is day three for my for MFC (I've
>done it way back), I've had only silly problems like this,
>thanks for your help.
>Mark

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

Web: http://www.flounder.com
MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm


Sat, 17 Dec 2005 23:51:06 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Again ... A newbie question (pointers)

2. Newbie FSEEK Q - again

3. Newbie OOP(s) again...dynamic object creation and scope?

4. Newbie Structure Problems again! :(

5. Newbie stumped again, basic loop problem.

6. trying again newbie question

7. Can you help a newbie again.

8. DAO newbie again

9. Newbie asks the question again: fstream operations VC++ 5.0

10. Newbie question again

11. Newbie needs help again

12. Newbie: subclassing... again

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software