CAnimateCtrl / Common Control version 6.0 problem???
Author Message
 CAnimateCtrl / Common Control version 6.0 problem???

I have just discovered that CAnimateCtrl can no longer operate in a separate
thread with Common Control dll version 6.0.  We used to use a modeless
dialog box to show an animation during a long process - something like this:

void DoSomething()
{
    CMyProgress dialog;  // contains an animation control that starts up
automatically on creation
    dialog.Create(..);
    dialog.ShowWindow(...);
    // do some long process
    dialog.DestroyWindow(...);

Quote:
}

This no longer works due to not running in separate thread (animation does
not 'run').  I tried running this process in a separate thread
programmatically by creating a user-interface thread (class derived from
CWinThread, and with AfxBeginThread(..)), I think because the messages don't
get passed through to the thread while my long process is running.  I
managed to get some stuff working by posting a message to the thread, which
subsequently post message back to my main application; but this is a
horrible solution!  Any ideas of a better solution?

Thanks,

Andy Wyatt.

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 00:38:09 GMT

1. Problems with common control 6.0

2. ??? Problems in Microsoft Datagrid Control Version 6.0 ????

3. Problems in Microsoft Daragrid Control Version 6.0 ????????????

4. Problems in Microsoft Datagrid Control Version 6.0 ??????????

5. Winsock Common Control 6.0 is Cool

6. VS 6.0 install problem - version mismatch

7. Adding CLR support to MFC app causes common control problem

8. Common Control NM_CUSTOMDRAW problems

9. common controls problem

10. Link problems with the new ActiveX SDK common controls

11. New Common Controls problem

12. Common Control problem