.net missing feature
Author Message
 .net missing feature

In ver. 6 I used to open the .rc (resource) file in text mode and copy from
there items such as dialog boxes and the like.

In the <explitive> Visual Studio .net I could not open the .rc (resource)
file in the text mode and do the copy, paste  of dialog boxes, menu items
and the rest, I had to use "Notepad" to do the simple Copy Paste operations
of the dlg items.

Is this f#*%ked up or what?

Nice one Microsoft.

Uncle Bill just answer us a simple question :

Are you going to fix Visual Studio .NET or not, because if you do not, the
organization will spend its resources in trainning its staff to use more
CONSISTENT AND PRODUCTIVE DEVELOPMENT TOOLS?
Just tell us, YES OR NO.

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:27:43 GMT
 .net missing feature
Calm down. It's not worth having a heart attack over.

In the solution explorer window if you right click over the .RC file and
select Open With... from the menu. You will be given a choice of where you
want to open the file. Choose text editor and there it is.

James

Quote:
> In ver. 6 I used to open the .rc (resource) file in text mode and copy
from
> there items such as dialog boxes and the like.

> In the <explitive> Visual Studio .net I could not open the .rc (resource)
> file in the text mode and do the copy, paste  of dialog boxes, menu items
> and the rest, I had to use "Notepad" to do the simple Copy Paste
operations
> of the dlg items.

> Is this f#*%ked up or what?

> Nice one Microsoft.

> Uncle Bill just answer us a simple question :

> Are you going to fix Visual Studio .NET or not, because if you do not, the
> organization will spend its resources in trainning its staff to use more
> CONSISTENT AND PRODUCTIVE DEVELOPMENT TOOLS?
> Just tell us, YES OR NO.

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:14:43 GMT
 .net missing feature
I've found it, after I've made the posting.
However the question still stands, mind you I am not going to hold my breath
for an answer.

Quote:
> Calm down. It's not worth having a heart attack over.

> In the solution explorer window if you right click over the .RC file and
> select Open With... from the menu. You will be given a choice of where you
> want to open the file. Choose text editor and there it is.

> James

> > In ver. 6 I used to open the .rc (resource) file in text mode and copy
> from
> > there items such as dialog boxes and the like.

> > In the <explitive> Visual Studio .net I could not open the .rc
(resource)
> > file in the text mode and do the copy, paste  of dialog boxes, menu
items
> > and the rest, I had to use "Notepad" to do the simple Copy Paste
> operations
> > of the dlg items.

> > Is this f#*%ked up or what?

> > Nice one Microsoft.

> > Uncle Bill just answer us a simple question :

> > Are you going to fix Visual Studio .NET or not, because if you do not,
the
> > organization will spend its resources in trainning its staff to use more
> > CONSISTENT AND PRODUCTIVE DEVELOPMENT TOOLS?
> > Just tell us, YES OR NO.

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 05:48:32 GMT

1. .net missing feature

2. Features I miss from C++

3. c# feature missing

4. missing language features

5. features I miss

6. A badly missed feature in gcc

7. One feature I miss in c#...

8. VC .NET 2003 features

9. VS.NET IDE for C++: bug or feature?

10. VC++ Features in .NET?

11. Back to VS.Net beta2, there was a code share plugin featured browsing code from Internet

12. Autotext, Autocomplete feature in Vs.Net ?