createdispatch opens executable
Author Message
 createdispatch opens executable

Morning all - hope you can help.

I have developed an application that uses MS Word in the background to do
some conversion to HTML.
I have used it for about 3 years and it is used by a large number of users
around the world with no problems.
One user has a very strange issue.
When I call createdispatch on the word application, it  creates OK but it
appears "Visible". I can call setvisible(FALSE) but I get a flicker.
On the thousands of other people who use this application when I call
createdispatch the application appears "Invisible".
Can anybody tell me why this may be happening to this one user setup. He is
using WinXP and has tried Office XP and then downgraded to Office 2000. Is
there a setting somewhere for the default appearance of Word.
The same thing works fine for PowerPoint on this users machine.

All I do is

Word::_Application m_oWord;
m_oWord.CreateDispatch(_T("Word.Application.9");

Word then appears behind the application.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Mick

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:42:53 GMT

1. Open an executable for reading from itself

2. Need some help with opening executable

3. Need some help with opening executable

4. CreateDispatch fails for COM DLL class

5. CreateDispatch giving weird error.

6. CreateDispatch to start Word problems

7. CreateDispatch Failing for Outlook.Application

8. CreateDispatch fails

9. Automation Server - Failed in CreateDispatch

10. Using CreateDispatch

11. Assertion on CreateDispatch

12. Help with CreateDispatch() Function.