Installing new MFC with VB
Author Message
 Installing new MFC with VB

Hello!

We have develop a program in VB that uses some VC 6++ DLL's. Now we like
install the VC DLL's with the VB 6 Setup, but the VC DLL are needing the new
MFC (Version 6.....) to register correctly. On most systems the 4.72 MFC are
installed (NT & 95).

How can we install the new MFC with VB? Is a separate system update
available?

Thanks!
--
Carsten Hirschberg
B2 Braukmann GmbH

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 04 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Installing new MFC with VB
Carsten:

I'm not sure what your question is.

The MFC DLL's are (supposed to be) backward compatible, so there should never be
any problem replacing versions which are in use by other applications.

If you are asking how to actually do this, the simplest way is with an
installation program such as InstallShield. There is a free version which comes
with VC5 or 6. I use InstallShield Express, which is very easy to use.

If you are asking if your VB license allows you to redistribute MFC DLL's, I do
not know.

David Wilkinson

===============

Quote:

> Hello!

> We have develop a program in VB that uses some VC 6++ DLL's. Now we like
> install the VC DLL's with the VB 6 Setup, but the VC DLL are needing the new
> MFC (Version 6.....) to register correctly. On most systems the 4.72 MFC are
> installed (NT & 95).

> How can we install the new MFC with VB? Is a separate system update
> available?

> Thanks!
> --
> Carsten Hirschberg
> B2 Braukmann GmbH

> http://www.b2-software.de

Tue, 04 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Install new font with Install Shield

2. Exemple on how to Install an MFC app with Install Shield for Visual C++ 6.0

3. Install Visual VB.NET and Visual C#.NET

4. LNK1136, VC6.0 new MFC app and new DLL

5. MFC DLL needs to be called from Non-MFC VB.

6. Problem with new installing Vs.net under winXP

7. BOZO question - Installing new controls for VS.NET

8. Strange Behaviour after installing new vs with sp5

9. New Install of VS.NET brings up IE vs App on debug

10. Install new video codec

11. Install a printer with a new port

12. Install new video codec