UDP sockets samples?
Author Message
 UDP sockets samples?

I'm writing an MFC sockets application to "register" with
a multicast group, received UDP packets (without
connection). Most of the samples I have come across use
TCP. Can I get some samples that use UDP? MFC or Win32
samples is fine.

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 06:15:39 GMT
 UDP sockets samples?
have you checked the winsock sample code 'bcast' or 'simple'?  in vs help
search for 'udp sample' and look in Visual C++ samples and there should be a
couple of them to check out.

Quote:
> I'm writing an MFC sockets application to "register" with
> a multicast group, received UDP packets (without
> connection). Most of the samples I have come across use
> TCP. Can I get some samples that use UDP? MFC or Win32
> samples is fine.

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 13:12:33 GMT
 UDP sockets samples?

Quote:

> I'm writing an MFC sockets application to "register" with
> a multicast group, received UDP packets (without
> connection). Most of the samples I have come across use
> TCP. Can I get some samples that use UDP? MFC or Win32
> samples is fine.

See "MSocUdp" in MSDN for a simple example using CAsyncSocket.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 13:44:17 GMT

1. Close a UDP socket

2. Q: Writing UDP Socket in C...

3. udp socket

4. UDP Datagram sockets

5. UDP Socket question

6. TCP/UDP sockets in Visual C++.

7. Broadcast over UDP socket

8. UDP socket and InstallShield???

9. Multihreading UDP Socket Server

10. UDP sockets - How to read data?

11. UDP Socket Win32 Help

12. UDP Windows Socket connection HELP!!!