virtual key F10 and F12
Author Message
 virtual key F10 and F12

Hi,

When i press F12 in my application, i get an unhandled exception, even
though i have added VIRTKEY VK_F12 with "none" modifier using the
accelerator resource.

Also, no matter what ID i use for VK_F10, it always highlights the "file"
menu item!

Im using MFC, VC7 and its an SDI application.

Any ideas what im doing wrong??

Joe
#

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 01:54:13 GMT
 virtual key F10 and F12

Quote:
>When i press F12 in my application, i get an unhandled exception

Joe,

Have a look at Knowledge Base article Q130667 "PRB: F12 Causes
Hard-Coded Breakpoint Exception When Debugging".

Quote:
>Also, no matter what ID i use for VK_F10, it always highlights the "file"
>menu item!

That's the normal operation of the F10. I'm not sure how you can
easily circumvent this - undoubtedly someone will be able to tell us.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:07:15 GMT
 virtual key F10 and F12
That's a built in feature? -- Why ?? -- i really cant beleive they didnt
write a simple "disable this feature" checkbox!!

Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. -- it works OK for
the release version, which is good.

Joe
#

Quote:
> >When i press F12 in my application, i get an unhandled exception

> Joe,

> Have a look at Knowledge Base article Q130667 "PRB: F12 Causes
> Hard-Coded Breakpoint Exception When Debugging".

> >Also, no matter what ID i use for VK_F10, it always highlights the "file"
> >menu item!

> That's the normal operation of the F10. I'm not sure how you can
> easily circumvent this - undoubtedly someone will be able to tell us.

> Dave
> --
> MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:10:05 GMT
 virtual key F10 and F12

Quote:
>>When i press F12 in my application, i get an unhandled exception

>Joe,

>Have a look at Knowledge Base article Q130667 "PRB: F12 Causes
>Hard-Coded Breakpoint Exception When Debugging".

>>Also, no matter what ID i use for VK_F10, it always highlights the "file"
>>menu item!

>That's the normal operation of the F10. I'm not sure how you can
>easily circumvent this - undoubtedly someone will be able to tell us.

I don't know if I'm missing the point but I have an application that
uses all 12 function keys (and they work in release and debug builds,
see Joe's next e-mail).  I declared a series of accelerator IDs for
VK_F1...VK_F12 and then added 'command' handlers for them (in a
CFormView-based view, if that makes any difference).

--
Fenster

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:23:37 GMT

1. PLEASE HELP WITH F11 And F12 Keys

2. F12 key which stops application execution in DEBUG doesn't work anymore

3. Function Keys F1-F12

4. Detecting F10 Key

5. Capture the F10 key

6. Trapping F10 key???

7. Detecting F10 key

8. HELP! Need to Capture F10 Key

9. Function Keys and Virtual Key Codes

10. Using Virtual Keys

11. translating virtual keys to char

12. (MFC) Moving GUI code to DLL breaks virtual key handling