Trapping Ctrl+Alt+Del / Ctrl+Esc / Ctrl+Alt+Esc
Author Message
 Trapping Ctrl+Alt+Del / Ctrl+Esc / Ctrl+Alt+Esc

Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to VC and have purchased 6.0 Prof. Edition.
I am interested in writing a secure browser and have gone thru the MFCIE
example.  The problem I need to address is stopping someone from accessing
the system via Crtl+Alt+Del, Ctrl+Esc, and Ctrl+Alt+Esc.  How can I trap
these messages before they get to the system?  Will the solution be the same
for 98 and NT?  If anyone knows any other consideration I should look at in
reguards to a secure program, please fill me in.  Thanks in advance.

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Trapping Ctrl+Alt+Del / Ctrl+Esc / Ctrl+Alt+Esc
Hi Bill,

The function call you need to do is:

BOOL bEnable=FALSE;
SystemParametersInfo( SPI_SCREENSAVERRUNNING, 1, &bEnable, 0 );

It works on 95 but I haven't tried it on 98.  On NT, it doesn't work (and so
it says also on the online help).  I posted  a question regarding this
feature on NT (subject: Disabling task switching on NT) yesterday hope
somebody would answer it.

Hope this helps,
John
http://members.xoom.com/johncruise
http://members.xoom.com/johncruise/index_vcpp.html

Quote:
>Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to VC and have purchased 6.0 Prof. Edition.
>I am interested in writing a secure browser and have gone thru the MFCIE
>example.  The problem I need to address is stopping someone from accessing
>the system via Crtl+Alt+Del, Ctrl+Esc, and Ctrl+Alt+Esc.  How can I trap
>these messages before they get to the system?  Will the solution be the
same
>for 98 and NT?  If anyone knows any other consideration I should look at in
>reguards to a secure program, please fill me in.  Thanks in advance.

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. disable Alt+ TAB Ctrl+ESC Ctrl+Alt+DEL key

2. Trap 'Crtl+Alt+Del, Ctrl+Esc, and Ctrl+Alt+Esc'

3. simulate a Ctrl+Alt+Del or Alt-Tab

4. supress Alt+Tab, Ctrl+Esc on NT4.0

5. ALT-TAB CTRL-ESC tapping in windows NT

6. Trapping Ctrl-Alt-Del

7. Trapping CTRL+ALT+DEL

8. How to trap Ctrl+Alt+Del

9. Trapping CTRL+ALT+DEL