Convert non-MFV console app to MFC console app?
Author Message
 Convert non-MFV console app to MFC console app?

I have a VC++6.0 non-MFC Console app that I need to convert to a MFC Console
app. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

Bob Hiller

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 00:16:21 GMT
 Convert non-MFV console app to MFC console app?
It depends on how much you want to use MFC. You can put the following two
lines at the beginning of the program and you should be able to use MFC in
the program:

#define VC_EXTRALEAN
#include <afxwin.h>

It might be better to use the AppWizard to create a separate new console
application then merge the old application in.

I think those are the two most likley solutions.

Quote:
> I have a VC++6.0 non-MFC Console app that I need to convert to a MFC
Console
> app. Is there any way to do this?

> Thanks,

> Bob Hiller

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 01:17:05 GMT
 Convert non-MFV console app to MFC console app?
Also, be sure and link with the appropriate MFC*.LIB file.

Quote:
> It depends on how much you want to use MFC. You can put the following two
> lines at the beginning of the program and you should be able to use MFC in
> the program:

> #define VC_EXTRALEAN
> #include <afxwin.h>

> It might be better to use the AppWizard to create a separate new console
> application then merge the old application in.

> I think those are the two most likley solutions.

> > I have a VC++6.0 non-MFC Console app that I need to convert to a MFC
> Console
> > app. Is there any way to do this?

> > Thanks,

> > Bob Hiller

Sun, 14 Sep 2003 05:45:24 GMT

1. MFC and DOS apps - Redirecting console output to an MFC app (Newbie)

2. MFC and DOS apps - Redirecting console output to an MFC app (Newbie)

3. Need help converting a console app to windows app with a DLL

4. Invoking a console app and hiding the console.

5. About converting Console App to DLL

6. convert console app

7. Connecting a console app and a WIN32 app using pipes

8. porting from win32 app to win32 console app

9. porting from win32 app to win32 console app

10. dif between console app and normal win app

11. win32 app vs win32 console app?

12. Console apps vs Windows Apps