When is it possible to close Thread handle?
Author Message
 When is it possible to close Thread handle?

After "CreateThread",we got the Thread Handle for the certain thread.I want
to know when it is possible to  "CloseHandle".Because I found there's
problem to close thhread handle after creating it.

Any help is appreciative.

Best Regards,
Liet

Sat, 21 Feb 2004 10:51:12 GMT
 When is it possible to close Thread handle?
Hello

Quote:
> After "CreateThread",we got the Thread Handle for the certain thread.I
want
> to know when it is possible to  "CloseHandle".Because I found there's
> problem to close thhread handle after creating it.

You can close handle after creating the thread.

Regards.

Sat, 21 Feb 2004 14:40:11 GMT
 When is it possible to close Thread handle?
What is the problem? There are severl conditions under which you might
need a thread handle, and many more in which you don't need it at all.
What are you trying to accomplish?
                        joe

Quote:

>After "CreateThread",we got the Thread Handle for the certain thread.I want
>to know when it is possible to  "CloseHandle".Because I found there's
>problem to close thhread handle after creating it.

>Any help is appreciative.

>Best Regards,
>Liet

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

Web: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer

Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:23:04 GMT

1. Closing Thread Handles

2. Threads, Memory Leak, how to wait for thread to close

3. how get a process HANDLE from a thread HANDLE

4. I am confused in Form.Close()

5. Handling events from a worker thread in the main thread

6. thread auto delete and waiting for thread handle to terminate

7. What message am I not handling?

8. As Close to Pseudocode As Possible

9. Possible to close a SDI window?

10. System.Threading.Timer , am I doing this correctly ?

11. Am I creating new threads or ultra waste???

12. What am I missing about threads?