Dialog Controls
Author Message
 Dialog Controls

Is there any maximum count for the number of controls that can be placed in a
Dialog(or FormView)? When I am trying to add more that 250 or so, It is failing.

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:07:44 GMT
 Dialog Controls
Is there any maximum count for the number of controls that can be placed in a
Dialog(or FormView)? When I am trying to add more that 250 or so, It is failing.

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:04:25 GMT
 Dialog Controls
"Toy" OS's like Win9x/ME have unfortunately low limits.  More robust OS's like
WinNT/2K can handle very large resource usages.

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:28:25 GMT
 Dialog Controls
Yes..

        The max limit is 255 controls during design-time.
        However I think you can create the controls dynamically at runtime.

        The best alternative is to use the CPropertyPage/CPropertySheet
class, instead of having lot of controls
        in one single dialog.

Cheers
Check Abdoul
-----------------

Is there any maximum count for the number of controls that can be placed in
Dialog(or FormView)? When I am trying to add more that 250 or so, It is
failing.

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 22:07:32 GMT
 Dialog Controls
Vallabhaneni!

This is a shortcomming of the resource editor, you can add more "by hand".
But reconsider your architecture, such an amount of controls are seldom
desired for the user, and, if necessary, can often be architectured in
another way.

Johan Rosengren
Responsable Informatique
PACTA S.A.

Is there any maximum count for the number of controls that can be placed in
Dialog(or FormView)? When I am trying to add more that 250 or so, It is
failing.

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 21:25:28 GMT

1. ALT Dialog control and List View Control

2. Dialog control member variables and CPropertyPage

3. XP Style dialog controls w/ C#

4. common dialog control directory select

5. Help... Defining Colours For Dialog Controls

6. Is this Dialog control hidden?

7. how to add dialog controls onto ActiveX panel

8. Dialog Control IDs Missing

9. Processing VK_TAB keydown in dialog controls

10. Font Properties on Dialog Controls

11. Making dialog controls invisible at runtime

12. Dialog Control Focus