Has anyone gotten DELAYLOAD to work?
Author Message
 Has anyone gotten DELAYLOAD to work?

Has anyone gotten DELAYLOAD to work with MFC?  I tried setting one of my
DLLs to be DELAYLOAD, but VC++ refuses to debug it (says it can't find the
DLL) and setting something like COMCTL32.DLL to DELAYLOAD doesn't seem to do
anything (I'm guessing that MFC has already loaded it by the time I tell
VC++ what loader function to use).

Any help appreciated ...
Chris
chris at sc3 dot net

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:11:01 GMT
 Has anyone gotten DELAYLOAD to work?
DelayLoad works fine. I have never tried to delayload one of the System/Ctl
Dlls though. MFC probably needs it as soon as it is initialized. Typically
delayload is meant for your own dlls.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Quote:
> Has anyone gotten DELAYLOAD to work with MFC?  I tried setting one of my
> DLLs to be DELAYLOAD, but VC++ refuses to debug it (says it can't find the
> DLL) and setting something like COMCTL32.DLL to DELAYLOAD doesn't seem to
do
> anything (I'm guessing that MFC has already loaded it by the time I tell
> VC++ what loader function to use).

> Any help appreciated ...
> Chris
> chris at sc3 dot net

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:20:06 GMT
 Has anyone gotten DELAYLOAD to work?
I couldn't even get it work for my own DLLs.  The workspaces for the DLLs
are dependencies in the workspace for my EXE.  I added
"/delayload:mydll.dll" to the linker options, removed mydll from the
dependency list, removed mydll.dll from the directory where the EXE lives,
defined my own delayed load function (by putting the line
"__pfnDliNotifyHook = dpDelayLoadHook;" into my InitInstance), added
mydll.lib to the linker import list, rebuilt, and tried to run the program
in debug mode.  It pops up a window saying "mydll.dll not found".

Quote:
> DelayLoad works fine. I have never tried to delayload one of the
System/Ctl
> Dlls though. MFC probably needs it as soon as it is initialized. Typically
> delayload is meant for your own dlls.

> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

> > Has anyone gotten DELAYLOAD to work with MFC?  I tried setting one of my
> > DLLs to be DELAYLOAD, but VC++ refuses to debug it (says it can't find
the
> > DLL) and setting something like COMCTL32.DLL to DELAYLOAD doesn't seem
> do
> > anything (I'm guessing that MFC has already loaded it by the time I tell
> > VC++ what loader function to use).

> > Any help appreciated ...
> > Chris
> > chris at sc3 dot net

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 23:54:16 GMT

1. Is anyone else having this problem with VC6?

2. Anyone having SQL 7 problems w/VC++ ?

3. Anyone else having problems with Outlook Express and Microsoft groups

4. Anyone having problems with wnaspi32.dll???

5. VC6: MSDEV was still running after having gotten out of VC.

6. VC6: MSDEV was still running after having gotten out of VC.

7. Having trouble getting rid of some unresolved symbols in VC++ 5.0

8. having hard time getting good SERVICE these days

9. Having trouble getting rid of some unresolved symbols in VC++ 5.0

10. Getting an embedded table relationship without having to go via the hyperlink

11. having keystrokes work on a dialog with buttons like a message box

12. Getting Desparete, Is anyone useing IPX/SPX with CSocketFile