Need help with simple dialog program?
Author Message
 Need help with simple dialog program?

I am probably way out of line posting this request on here.  But, oh well...
Anyone else using 3d Studio max with so many plugins it won't load because
it eats ram too fast?  Well... I want to make a simple plug-in loader that
does the following:

a. requests location of max folder (done only once)
b. scans for available plugin files with certain extensions such as .dlo and
.dlm (user specified?)
c. allows the user to select which plugin files to use
d. renames all non-used plugin files with additional .bak extension for easy
conversion to and from an on/off state.  (3ds won't load them if the
extension isn't right)
e. perhaps, if given a pointer to the location of the executable, launches
3d studio max?

of course the prog would need to scan for files with .bak extensions as well
in order to find plug-ins previously turned off...

MY PROBLEM:

a. I have neither the experience or the know-how to make this the simple
project that it should be.
b. I have neither the time or initiative at this point to learn how to make
this project simple.
c. It would take me a century to write it with my current knowledge base.
d. I'm lazy as all hell.

So what I'm asking is: if anyone has this problem or can understand the
problem and might want to make this simple little dialog based app and give
me a copy.  That would be awesome.  Or, some pointers/help/tutorial would be
great.  Thanks in advance for any assistance...

Aaron J. Kubly

* * * Epistemology -- Just Because It Sounds Cool!!! * * *

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help with simple dialog program?

Quote:
> I am probably way out of line posting this request on here.

Yep.

Quote:
> So what I'm asking is: if anyone has this problem or can understand the
> problem and might want to make this simple little dialog based app and
give
> me a copy.

Post the hourly rate you are offering.  Maybe we can work out a contract.
What? You want this for free? Then refer back to the "way out of line"
part.

--
Dan Evens
Standard disclaimers etc. No spam please.

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need some help in writing a simple C program

2. Need some help in writing a simple C program

3. Need Help on simple ISAM like program

4. need help in extremely simple c program

5. need help debugging simple c program

6. Need some help with tweeking a simple program

7. Help on a simple calculator program which needs Trigo, Arithmethic, log functions..[Apologies for repeat mail]

8. Need help with simple C Program

9. Simple BC+31 program - help needed

10. !Need help with simple C program

11. Help for a simple dialog based program

12. Need Help with a SIMPLE mouse control program in C.