TransparentBlt in dialog controls :: Bug?
Author Message
 TransparentBlt in dialog controls :: Bug?

Ends up after looking into my problem the other day, its
specific to TransparentBlt in controls in CDialog.

My transparent bitmap buttons work fine in CWnd, but
moving to CDialog makes the buttons not appear.

Just changing the line from TransparentBlt to BitBlt
solves the problem, however it doent get the required
transparent effect. (sound corners, etc over bitmap
background).

Its weird, I am unable to find any information as to why
TransparentBlt would fail on a button in one spot, but
work in another.  And yet BitBlt works fine.

I'm using VC6 with no service packs, I'm considering a
service pack but don't know if it will fix this issue.  I
am running the most up-to-date SDK and libraries.  I
haven't verified it under Windows 2000 or 9x, but under
XP it is doing this.

Any ideas?

Sat, 05 Jun 2004 14:08:01 GMT
 TransparentBlt in dialog controls :: Bug?
You could go to www.wdj.com and download the code for Sept 2001, they
have my article for that month online as well - I show a way to do
transparentblt and alphablend using stretchblt and DIBSections, which
also makes your code compatible with W95.

Christian

Quote:
>Ends up after looking into my problem the other day, its
>specific to TransparentBlt in controls in CDialog.

>My transparent bitmap buttons work fine in CWnd, but
>moving to CDialog makes the buttons not appear.

>Just changing the line from TransparentBlt to BitBlt
>solves the problem, however it doent get the required
>transparent effect. (sound corners, etc over bitmap
>background).

>Its weird, I am unable to find any information as to why
>TransparentBlt would fail on a button in one spot, but
>work in another.  And yet BitBlt works fine.

>I'm using VC6 with no service packs, I'm considering a
>service pack but don't know if it will fix this issue.  I
>am running the most up-to-date SDK and libraries.  I
>haven't verified it under Windows 2000 or 9x, but under
>XP it is doing this.

>Any ideas?

Sun, 06 Jun 2004 19:55:33 GMT

1. Resource leak in TransparentBlt.

2. TransparentBlt

3. why don't work TransparentBlt

4. Using TransparentBlt

6. Resource leak in TransparentBlt function

7. TransparentBlt

8. Using TransparentBlt(...)

9. TransparentBlt

10. Using TransparentBlt with eVC4.0

11. Horrible user control bug stripped all user controls from my project

12. Accessing a parent dialog's controls from a child modeless dialog