Act X & FireEvent
Author Message
 Act X & FireEvent

Hello all,

   When an Active X control fires an event, is there any
way of knowing whether or not that event was received?
For instance if I have an ActX ctrl that fires an event
and needs to know if the receiving unit is 'alive & ready
to process' before continuing, how would I do that?  I
thought about setting a timer & then checking to see if a
particular property was modified, but I'm wondering if
there's another way?

TIA,

Ray K.

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 18:29:31 GMT
 Act X & FireEvent

Quote:
> Hello all,

>    When an Active X control fires an event, is there any
> way of knowing whether or not that event was received?
> For instance if I have an ActX ctrl that fires an event
> and needs to know if the receiving unit is 'alive & ready
> to process' before continuing, how would I do that?  I
> thought about setting a timer & then checking to see if a
> particular property was modified, but I'm wondering if
> there's another way?

Just a guess, but maybe you can make a handler that passes a long* that
needs to be set. As in:

// Inside ActiveX:
long result = 0;
FireYourEvent(&result);
if( result == 1)
{
    // event was handled, do your thing

Quote:
}

// Inside program:

void CYourContainer::OnYourEvent(long* result)
{
    // do your event handling
    *result = 1; // set to handled

Quote:
}

Haven't tried but it seems worth the try. Hope this helps,
Tom

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:42:27 GMT

1. Malloc & free acting strange

2. Act X & 2 interfaces

3. Cll a Ocx/FireEvent from static function

4. OCX / static function / FireEvent -> Error

5. Cll a Ocx/FireEvent from static function

6. OCX / static function / FireEvent -> Error

7. Need help debugging an ocx FireEvent Problem...

8. FireEvent

9. if acting strange

10. sprintf acting crazy

11. Last Call for Public Input on Microsoft Case-- Tunney Act Deadline Approaching