Enable XP Visual Styles for Dll App
Author Message
 Enable XP Visual Styles for Dll App

Hi,

I' am programming an application (stored in dlls) which provides an interface to
variable applications. The problem is that the controls of the attached application
should have the look of WinXP when it runs under WinXP.
I already know the things like adding a manifest to the resources (user defined
resource with type 24 and ID 1), calling InitCommonControls() and linking with
ComCtl32.lib. This solution is not suitable, cause I don't have the chance to change
the resources of the attached application.

My Question is if there is a solution, where I manually load the manifest after the
launch of the application, but I've found nothing attending this problem.

Maybe there is another much easier solution for my problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards
Felix

www:   www.neusta.de

Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:08:38 GMT
 Enable XP Visual Styles for Dll App
Hi,
    I've ran into the same problem sometime ago, while developing a Port
Monitor User Interface DLL for a very specific printer driver we had. After
a lot of digging, I could discover that you must create the manifest
resource using the special ID "CONTROL_PANEL_RESOURCE_ID". If your Platform
SDK headers don't define it, assign it a value of 123.

    I'm not sure if this will work for any DLL or just these ones that are
Explorer shell extensions, which was my case. I hope this can help you.

    Best regards,
        Eduard Huguet
        Barcelona (Spain)

Quote:
> Hi,

> I' am programming an application (stored in dlls) which provides an
interface to
> variable applications. The problem is that the controls of the attached
application
> should have the look of WinXP when it runs under WinXP.
> I already know the things like adding a manifest to the resources (user
defined
> resource with type 24 and ID 1), calling InitCommonControls() and linking
with
> ComCtl32.lib. This solution is not suitable, cause I don't have the chance
to change
> the resources of the attached application.

> My Question is if there is a solution, where I manually load the manifest
after the
> launch of the application, but I've found nothing attending this problem.

> Maybe there is another much easier solution for my problem.

> Thanks a lot for your help.

> Regards
> Felix

> www:   www.neusta.de

Sun, 16 Oct 2005 15:27:17 GMT
 Enable XP Visual Styles for Dll App
Hi Eduard,

First of all thanks for your prompt reply.
I forgot to tell that I'am developing on W2k (testing the App on
WinXP) with Visual Studio 6.0 SP5.
I will try your suggestion on Monday when I get back to work ;)

Regards
Felix Vogt
Bremen (Germany)

Quote:

> Hi,
>     I've ran into the same problem sometime ago, while developing a Port
> Monitor User Interface DLL for a very specific printer driver we had. After
> a lot of digging, I could discover that you must create the manifest
> resource using the special ID "CONTROL_PANEL_RESOURCE_ID". If your Platform
> SDK headers don't define it, assign it a value of 123.

>     I'm not sure if this will work for any DLL or just these ones that are
> Explorer shell extensions, which was my case. I hope this can help you.

>     Best regards,
>         Eduard Huguet
>         Barcelona (Spain)

> > Hi,

> > I' am programming an application (stored in dlls) which provides an
>  interface to
> > variable applications. The problem is that the controls of the attached
>  application
> > should have the look of WinXP when it runs under WinXP.
> > I already know the things like adding a manifest to the resources (user
>  defined
> > resource with type 24 and ID 1), calling InitCommonControls() and linking
>  with
> > ComCtl32.lib. This solution is not suitable, cause I don't have the chance
>  to change
> > the resources of the attached application.

> > My Question is if there is a solution, where I manually load the manifest
>  after the
> > launch of the application, but I've found nothing attending this problem.

> > Maybe there is another much easier solution for my problem.

> > Thanks a lot for your help.

> > Regards
> > Felix

> > www:   www.neusta.de

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:12:38 GMT

1. MDI Drawing glitch with XP visual style enabled

2. Using XP Visual Styles in MFC app

3. XP visual styles in a DLL

4. XP Visual Style & IE Plugin

5. XP visual styles

6. Windows XP Visual Styles and VB Ocx's

7. Property page and XP Visual styles

8. XP visual styles for shell extensions

9. Win XP visual style and Focus Rectangle

10. XP Visual Styles with VC 6 and MFC

11. Windows XP visual styles

12. MFC and XP Visual Styles