Compile error "Internal error during SetupPhase"
Author Message
 Compile error "Internal error during SetupPhase"

One of my projects sometimes receives an "Internal error during
SetupPhase".  This happens when I perform a build of all my
projects from the command line using some build scripts.  It
doesn't happen all the time, but every once in a while and it
only happens to two very similar projects, both COM Objects.
When compiling from within Visual Studio using Visual C++ 6.0
it doesn't happen, only when I perform a full build from the
command line.  If I rebuild just this project it will build
just fine.

I have looked over other postings and found people that had
similar problems but I never did see anyone posting a solution
or reason why this occurs.  I would love to understand what
is happening.

Thanks,

--------------------Configuration: DialupManager - Win32
Debug--------------------
Compiling...
DialupManager.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
DialupMgr.cpp
PortManager.cpp
Generating Code...
Linking...
LINK : error : Internal error during SetupPhase
  ExceptionCode            = C0000005
  ExceptionFlags           = 00000000
  ExceptionAddress         = 7800FE81
  NumberParameters         = 00000002
  ExceptionInformation[ 0] = 00000000
  ExceptionInformation[ 1] = 00000000
CONTEXT:
  Eax    = 0000002E  Esp    = 0012F5CC
  Ebx    = 00000000  Ebp    = 0012F5DC
  Ecx    = 00000001  Esi    = 004A27F1
  Edx    = 40036728  Edi    = 00000000
  Eip    = 7800FE81  EFlags = 00010202
  SegCs  = 0000001B  SegDs  = 00000023
  SegSs  = 00000023  SegEs  = 00000023
  SegFs  = 00000038  SegGs  = 00000000
  Dr0    = 0012F5CC  Dr3    = 00000000
  Dr1    = 0012F5DC  Dr6    = 00000001
  Dr2    = 00000000  Dr7    = 00000000
Error executing link.exe.
Tool execution canceled by user.

--
Michael Serafin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. LINK : error : Internal error during SetupPhase

2. Linker failure "Internal error during EmitMap"

3. Link : Internal error during SetupPhase

4. Simple Code Produce "INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR"

5. internal compiler error with "const"

6. VC++6 "Internal compiler error"

7. ISAPI extension causes "Internal Server Error"

8. internal compiler error with "using" statement

9. Compile Error when Overriding "Equals"

10. LINK : fatal error LNK1000: Internal error during BuildImage

11. LINK : error : Internal error during Pass1

12. LINK : error : Internal error during EmitMap