Crystal reports distribution dll's
Author Message
 Crystal reports distribution dll's

MSJ's Matt Pietrek wrote a program that shows the required DLL for an
executable. It's called DEPENDS. I attached a copy to this message. For
furthor information check out www.msj.com.

Quote:
> I have an MFC application built with VC4.2 that talks to an Access 95 mdb
> using the updated DAO 3.0. I then use the version of Crystal Reports
> supplied with 4.2 to report on the mdb (from within the application).
> All works fine on the development machine but on the target machine I
guess
> I am missing some Crystal report dll's as I can't start up the sample
> reports I include (although the application talks to the mdb ok - DAO 3
is
> on the target machine).

<snip>
begin 600 Depends.exe
<uuencoded_portion_removed>
D````````````````````````````````````````````````
`
end

Sun, 26 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal reports distribution dll's

I have an MFC application built with VC4.2 that talks to an Access 95 mdb
using the updated DAO 3.0. I then use the version of Crystal reports
supplied with 4.2 to report on the mdb (from within the application).
All works fine on the development machine but on the target machine I guess
I am missing some Crystal report dll's as I can't start up the sample
reports I include (although the application talks to the mdb ok - DAO 3 is
on the target machine).
The Crystal help files talk about a report distribution builder - exactly
what I need to check what dll's I should be distributing for the Crystal
part of my app. However, this doesn't seem to have been included with the
VC4.2 'custom' version of Crystal!
Anybody been here before?
Got any ideas about what dll's are required for Crystal to read the mdb?

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas

Aidan Whiteley

Sun, 26 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal reports distribution dll's

Dear Aidan,

Crystal Reports requires ODBC. Have you set up ODBC with the proper MS
Access ODBC driver on your target machine? How about your development
machine?

Valentin.

Wed, 29 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. SOS ::: Crystal Reports Distribution problem using VB..

2. Crystal report doesn't load under WIN NT4 WORKSTATION

3. Using the Crystal report component doesn't show the dialog

4. About ActiveX Crystal Report formula's syntax ?

5. C# and Crystal Report(using Craxdrt.dll)

6. Creating reports using Crystal reports

7. When working with Crystal Reports how to get SQL query from a sub-report

8. Crystal Reports - in VC (anyone done it?) reporting

9. FYI: Crystal Reports API to retrieve report parameters

10. DLL's: Distribution/Copying MFC programs to another computer

11. Distribution of MFC DLL's

12. DLL's: Distribution/Copying MFC programs to another computer