Replacing default icon in app titlebar
Author Message
 Replacing default icon in app titlebar

This might sound as a simple question (and maybe it is) but it's
driving me crazy.

I create a fresh SDI application with the Application Wizard. What I
want to do next is change the icon in my app's title bar. I never
needed this before as I didn't much care there was a little MFC icon
in the corner of my main frame. Now, I must change it but can't find a
way how. I thought this icon was the IDR_MAINFRAME. Obviously it is
not. I tried changing the WNDCLASS of the main frame window in its
PreCreateWindow and reregistering it with the same name but no luck
there either. I'm obviously doing something wrong with this class
registering as I've never done it before. Can anyone post a sample how
to change some fields in the window's WNDCLASS?

And there's another one... When I view the directory list in explorer,
my MFC apps always show their MFC icon, never my IDR_MAINFRAME. I'm
confused about that to. What can I do to change this?

--
Thanks.
Alex.

Fri, 26 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Replacing default icon in app titlebar
Go to resource manager, choose "icon", choose IDR_MANFRAME and replace the
icon with your own one.  Don't forget replace both 16x16 and 32x32

good luck

Quote:
>This might sound as a simple question (and maybe it is) but it's
>driving me crazy.

>I create a fresh SDI application with the Application Wizard. What I
>want to do next is change the icon in my app's title bar. I never
>needed this before as I didn't much care there was a little MFC icon
>in the corner of my main frame. Now, I must change it but can't find a
>way how. I thought this icon was the IDR_MAINFRAME. Obviously it is
>not. I tried changing the WNDCLASS of the main frame window in its
>PreCreateWindow and reregistering it with the same name but no luck
>there either. I'm obviously doing something wrong with this class
>registering as I've never done it before. Can anyone post a sample how
>to change some fields in the window's WNDCLASS?

>And there's another one... When I view the directory list in explorer,
>my MFC apps always show their MFC icon, never my IDR_MAINFRAME. I'm
>confused about that to. What can I do to change this?

>--
>Thanks.
>Alex.
>---------------------------------------
>Reply address is altered.
>Decyphering it is an intelligence test.

Fri, 26 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Replacing default icon in app titlebar
I thought it must have been something simple as that. Thanks a lot.
You're a life saver! ;)

--
Alex

Quote:

>Go to resource manager, choose "icon", choose IDR_MANFRAME and replace the
>icon with your own one.  Don't forget replace both 16x16 and 32x32

>good luck

>>This might sound as a simple question (and maybe it is) but it's
>>driving me crazy.

>>I create a fresh SDI application with the Application Wizard. What I
>>want to do next is change the icon in my app's title bar. I never
>>needed this before as I didn't much care there was a little MFC icon
>>in the corner of my main frame. Now, I must change it but can't find a
>>way how. I thought this icon was the IDR_MAINFRAME. Obviously it is
>>not. I tried changing the WNDCLASS of the main frame window in its
>>PreCreateWindow and reregistering it with the same name but no luck
>>there either. I'm obviously doing something wrong with this class
>>registering as I've never done it before. Can anyone post a sample how
>>to change some fields in the window's WNDCLASS?
>>[snip]

Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. TitleBar (and TaskBar) Icon - How do I change the default

2. How to modify default icon for titlebar?

3. Taskbar Icon of Dialog App without titlebar?

4. Replacing Default MFC icon

5. How to replace default application icon with my own

6. Q:Changing the default TITLEBAR?

7. Q:Changing the default TITLEBAR?

8. Q:Changing the default TITLEBAR?

9. Default Icon Hell: MFC Icon appears even after file and IDR_MAINFRAME changed

10. drawing an icon in the titlebar

11. Icon in Titlebar of MessageBox.

12. How to change the Icon on the titlebar of Mainframe window