creating program icons (like setup program)
Author Message
 creating program icons (like setup program)

hi, im writing a setup program, i'vegot everything else settled, but i
cant seem to make program icons (in the Start->Programs section). I
looked in the help section, and i found a function called CreateLink,
i copied it and when i compiled it had some errors, but i managed to
fix most of them.

but when it links, it says "unresolved external symbol
_IID_IPersistFile". i cant seem to fix this problem.

if anyone knows any other way to create program icons, please let me
know as soon as possible...

Thanks,
Shezan.

PS: Please send a copy of your reply to my email address as well, that
would be so much help.. thanks.

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 creating program icons (like setup program)
Try looking at http://www.codeguru.com which has a class for handling links
(via the IShellLink interface) in a simpler way.

--
Tomas Restrepo

>hi, im writing a setup program, i'vegot everything else settled, but i
>cant seem to make program icons (in the Start->Programs section). I
>looked in the help section, and i found a function called CreateLink,
>i copied it and when i compiled it had some errors, but i managed to
>fix most of them.

>but when it links, it says "unresolved external symbol
>_IID_IPersistFile". i cant seem to fix this problem.

>if anyone knows any other way to create program icons, please let me
>know as soon as possible...

>Thanks,
>Shezan.

>PS: Please send a copy of your reply to my email address as well, that
>would be so much help.. thanks.

Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. creating program icons (like setup program)

2. Setup project: create programs menu shortcut?

3. .inf files and dsklayt program and makink small setup programs

4. Trouble creating install/setup program

5. Create Setup Program

6. How do you create a setup program that installs MFC and MSXML

7. How to create setup program for mfc applications

8. HELP: Identifying DLLs used by a program to include in a Setup.Exe program

9. creating setup program

10. Bind my setup program with IE-setup

11. create program group and icon

12. Creating Program Icons