load dialog into main frame
Author Message
 load dialog into main frame

How can I load dialog boxes (of different sizes) that were
designed in the resource editor into the main frame of my
MFC app? The idea is to have a button bar in my main frame
that would control which of the dialog boxes to load.
Any suggestions?

-andre

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:19:22 GMT
 load dialog into main frame
What do you mean by into the mainframe? If you mean part of the view, then
you can use a CFormView which is based on a dialog template.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Quote:
> How can I load dialog boxes (of different sizes) that were
> designed in the resource editor into the main frame of my
> mfc app? The idea is to have a button bar in my main frame
> that would control which of the dialog boxes to load.
> Any suggestions?

> -andre

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 22:19:11 GMT
 load dialog into main frame
The main frame being the application's main window. So if
I create a new project based on a MFC exe and use the
dialog approach (not, MDI or SDI), then can I still load
different dialogs into my main window?

Are you suggesting the SDI option as part of the MFC exe
appwizard, where the document/view support needs to be
included?

I just created a new project and it looks promising. So,
the view is the initial dialog, I just have to create more
dialogs/views and load them into the document?

-andre

Quote:

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 00:06:04 GMT
 load dialog into main frame
I tried to create a new project with the appwizard using
the doc/view support for an SDI. So, now I just need to
create more 'views'? How do I load a different view into
the frame?

thanks in advance,
Andre

Quote:

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:31:01 GMT
 load dialog into main frame

Quote:

> I tried to create a new project with the appwizard using
> the doc/view support for an SDI. So, now I just need to
> create more 'views'? How do I load a different view into
> the frame?

> thanks in advance,
> Andre

This is a sample program showing how to swap views.  It seems to have
disappeared from MSDN but this link works:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/vc60pro/Sample/3/WIN98/EN-US/V...

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 03:08:03 GMT
 load dialog into main frame
Scott,

That's exactly what I was looking for.
Many thanks,
Andre

Quote:

N98/EN-US/Vswap32.exe

>--
>Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]
>.

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 05:43:04 GMT

1. Resizing a modeless dialog within the main frame window

2. ToolBar in Dialog Box (not main frame)

3. Iconifying modeless dialog inside Main Frame ?

4. Killing a modal dialog box from the main frame

5. Insert Dialog into MDI main frame ?

6. main GUI thread -vs- Main Frame Thread

7. Dialog owned by main window not hidden when main minimized

8. Notification of main frame created

9. Override "X" in main frame

10. show a bitmap in the back of main frame

11. How to initialize a control in the Main Frame

12. About the main frame window in MDI apps