Win 95 -> Win NT
Author Message
 Win 95 -> Win NT

Hello
I developed a Tool, programing Flash-Roms,  on Win 95.
Now I testet it on Win Nt.
There is a problem with the Serial Port.
First, the comunication between PC and Controller is OK.
But after a while, when I transfered some IntelHexFiles, there is no
acknowledge
from the Controller.

So My Question :
Are there some commands in Visuall C++ 5.0 which dont work on Windows
NT, or what ?

PS: On Win 95 my Programm works faultless

Mon, 02 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Win 95 -> Win NT
This is just an idea....

Your NT system "might" have a bigger cache on the serial port input/output
buffers.  You might want to try to call FlushFileBuffers() after every
WriteFile() command just to make sure they are flushed right away.

Regarding the commands your asking... all direct hardware access (i.e.
functions like _inp, _outp....etc) will not work on NT.  This is one of NT's
security features which 95 lacks (but in some way is really useful).  Be
sure to check them out first on your help (MSDN) before using to see or
check any compatibility issues in between 95/98 and NT.

Hope this helps,
John

Quote:
>Hello
>I developed a Tool, programing Flash-Roms,  on Win 95.
>Now I testet it on Win Nt.
>There is a problem with the Serial Port.
>First, the comunication between PC and Controller is OK.
>But after a while, when I transfered some IntelHexFiles, there is no
>acknowledge
>from the Controller.

>So My Question :
>Are there some commands in Visuall C++ 5.0 which dont work on Windows
>NT, or what ?

>PS: On Win 95 my Programm works faultless

Mon, 02 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Win 95/95 to Win NT

2. Win NT to Win 95

3. Porting application from Win 95 to Win NT

4. Q: Differences WIN NT / WIN 95 in VC++ 5.0

5. Win NT vs. Win 95

6. Registry - Win 95/Win NT

7. DLL on Win NT vs. Win 95

8. DLL on Win NT vs. Win 95

9. Win NT vs Win 95/98

10. Win NT to Win 95

11. Win NT 4.0 - Win 95 Registry Reading Problems

12. Dialog behaviour in Win 95 and Win NT