Infoviewer Problem with Samples
Author Message
 Infoviewer Problem with Samples

Hi,

Does anyone know what the problem is with VC++ 5.0 and Infoviewer when
trying to access samples ?

Everytime I try to open a sample through Infoviewer I get a message:

Infoviewer Automation Object
Error Accessing Sample Data

--
Cheers
-Mark Wickman

Author of:
* DragonDROP (Multipurpose utility to drop data into any application)
* Internet Reminders (Reminds about tasks on the Internet)
* Download Manager (Manages your Downloads)
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Also the location of the Shareware Authors List of Distribution Sites
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 21 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Infoviewer Problem with Samples

I have the same problem. I've heard that it's got something to do with IE4.
I haven't got a solution though. I'm using IE4 release version, which I
thought might solve the problem, but it didn't... :-(

/Patrik

Quote:

>Hi,

>Does anyone know what the problem is with VC++ 5.0 and Infoviewer when
>trying to access samples ?

>Everytime I try to open a sample through Infoviewer I get a message:

>Infoviewer Automation Object
>Error Accessing Sample Data

>--
>Cheers
>-Mark Wickman

>Author of:
>* DragonDROP (Multipurpose utility to drop data into any application)
>* Internet Reminders (Reminds about tasks on the Internet)
>* Download Manager (Manages your Downloads)
>http://www.wstone.com/tempest/WSLHome.htm

>Also the location of the Shareware Authors List of Distribution Sites
>http://www.wstone.com/tempest/sharesites.htm

Tue, 21 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Infoviewer Problem with Samples

It is definitely IE4 that causes the problem to show up.  I started having
problems with getting to the samples when I started evaluating IE4.  I went
back to IE 3.02 and the problem disappeared.

Quote:
> I have the same problem. I've heard that it's got something to do with
IE4.
> I haven't got a solution though. I'm using IE4 release version, which I
> thought might solve the problem, but it didn't... :-(

> /Patrik

Tue, 21 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Infoviewer Problem with Samples

Quote:

>Does anyone know what the problem is with VC++ 5.0 and Infoviewer when
>trying to access samples ?

You need to apply Service Pack 2. It replaces the IVAUTO.DLL which is
the root of the problem

Maranatha

Gordon Walker (email address knackered. Remove
underscore from between 'bt' and 'internet')

Fri, 24 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Infoviewer Automation Object : Error Accessing Sample Data????

2. Minor, but annoying infoviewer problem

3. Infoviewer Question/Problem

4. Problem downloading with the infoviewer

5. Infoviewer problems

6. InfoViewer problem, MSVC++ 4.0

7. Problem downloading with the infoviewer

8. Minor, but annoying infoviewer problem

9. problem with sample

10. Enrol VC sample course combobox problem

11. Problem when open database in WWWQUOTE - sample.

12. CAtlPwr Sample Problems, Please Read