activex container updating problems...
Author Message
 activex container updating problems...

When VB5 acts as the container to my ActiveX control, properties
changing via the ActiveX's property dialog are not reflected in the
VB properties window until you manually cause a
refresh by picking another control and going back again.

I have tested a couple of Microsoft controls and these update without
user intervention (such as the flexigrid).

I have checked the help but cannot see what to do, FireViewChange()
in ATL seems to work with a different example, but I am working with
COleControl and Refresh() does not work.

Any ideas how I can get this working?

Thanks In Advance,
MSG.

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 activex container updating problems...

Take a look at ActiveX control FAQ at www.widgetware.com . I think you might
find it there.. I think you need to call BoundPropertyChanged () with the
dispid.
Check it out

--
Girish Bharadwaj [VC++/MVP]

Quote:

>When VB5 acts as the container to my ActiveX control, properties
>changing via the ActiveX's property dialog are not reflected in the
>VB properties window until you manually cause a
>refresh by picking another control and going back again.

>I have tested a couple of Microsoft controls and these update without
>user intervention (such as the flexigrid).

>I have checked the help but cannot see what to do, FireViewChange()
>in ATL seems to work with a different example, but I am working with
>COleControl and Refresh() does not work.

>Any ideas how I can get this working?

>Thanks In Advance,
>MSG.

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX Document Container Menu Not Updated When In-place Editing

2. Problem when unloading the ATL ActiveX dll from the container

3. activex test container problems

4. ActiveX Control Test Container problem.....

5. add Activex control to Activex container daynamically

6. Handling ActiveX control events without an ActiveX container

7. ActiveX Updating Problem

8. ActiveX Updating Problem

9. Problem with ActiveX doc servers screen update/redraw

10. windowless activex container?

11. Sizing container window to fit ActiveX control

12. VS.net ActiveX Test Container control has no methods error