a simple question
Author Message
 a simple question

Hi, I've been reading a lot but I still dont know a thing:

does it exist MFC for Win64? or will it exist?

Thanks

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 02:22:02 GMT
 a simple question
I dont see any obvious reasons for it not to be compatible with 64-bit OS.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Quote:

> Hi, I've been reading a lot but I still dont know a thing:

> does it exist MFC for Win64? or will it exist?

> Thanks

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 05:13:57 GMT
 a simple question
Sorry for my ignorance but will I be able to write 64bits applications using
this or a new MFC?
not just writing 32bits apps in a 64bits SO

Thanks

Quote:
> I dont see any obvious reasons for it not to be compatible with 64-bit OS.

> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Quote:
> > Hi, I've been reading a lot but I still dont know a thing:

> > does it exist MFC for Win64? or will it exist?

> > Thanks

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:22:46 GMT
 a simple question
If MFC supports Win64, and I have no reason to believe it would not, you
should not need to do too many changes in your existing code when MFC
becomes Win64 compliant. However, I would expect you to change Win32 code to
take advantage of Win64.

I am not an Microsoft representative and my reply is based on experience of
using Microsoft products and not on any inside information from Microsoft.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Quote:

> Sorry for my ignorance but will I be able to write 64bits applications
using
> this or a new MFC?
> not just writing 32bits apps in a 64bits SO

> Thanks

> > I dont see any obvious reasons for it not to be compatible with 64-bit
OS.

> > --
> > Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

> > > Hi, I've been reading a lot but I still dont know a thing:

> > > does it exist MFC for Win64? or will it exist?

> > > Thanks

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:26:19 GMT
 a simple question
Thanks Ajay, I'm now more appeased :)

Quote:
> If MFC supports Win64, and I have no reason to believe it would not, you
> should not need to do too many changes in your existing code when MFC
> becomes Win64 compliant. However, I would expect you to change Win32 code
> take advantage of Win64.

> I am not an Microsoft representative and my reply is based on experience
of
> using Microsoft products and not on any inside information from Microsoft.

> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

> > Sorry for my ignorance but will I be able to write 64bits applications
> using
> > this or a new MFC?
> > not just writing 32bits apps in a 64bits SO

> > Thanks

> > > I dont see any obvious reasons for it not to be compatible with 64-bit
> OS.

> > > --
> > > Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 19:54:13 GMT

1. a simple simple question...

2. Newbie: CATALOG sample question (SIMPLE question)

3. A simple question, but still no answer

4. Simple question

5. Simple Question regarding C# file creation

6. Two Simple Question

7. Really simple question

8. simple question...

9. Total simple question

10. Really Simple Question

11. Simple question

12. Simple Question About ATL Service Wizard?