please Help - can't open afxres.h
Author Message
 please Help - can't open afxres.h

Uninstall all and reinstall enterprise edition

--

Fax: (225)673-3062

Quote:
> I installed the Enterprise edition over my learning edition and now stuff
won't compile -
> even new projects. The first error, is of course, the inability to find

afxres.h. I directed
Quote:
> a new include path to point to this file, but it still didn't work.

> Then I copied a version of the file to my app directory, and got past this
error, but got
> many more, including "can't launch cl.exe". Obviously the install screwed
up some settings,
> how can I fix this? I poked around in the registry to no avail.

> I seriously will send 5 bucks to the first dude(ette) who can solve this.

> best regards,
> Dan

Fri, 09 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 please Help - can't open afxres.h

I had the *exact* thing happen to me today.

I went into "Tools" then "Options" and reset my include/exe/lib files to the
correct directories.  Worked like a charm!

Ok...so I didn't beat Chuck to the $5...maybe next time.

Quote:
> Uninstall all and reinstall enterprise edition

Fri, 09 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 please Help - can't open afxres.h
I installed the Enterprise edition over my learning edition and now stuff won't compile -
even new projects. The first error, is of course, the inability to find afxres.h. I directed
a new include path to point to this file, but it still didn't work.

Then I copied a version of the file to my app directory, and got past this error, but got
many more, including "can't launch cl.exe". Obviously the install screwed up some settings,
how can I fix this? I poked around in the registry to no avail.

I seriously will send 5 bucks to the first dude(ette) who can solve this.

best regards,
Dan

Sat, 10 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. cannot open include file 'afxres.h'

3. Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!

4. Pre-defined command ID's in afxres.h

5. Help with compiling a "canned" program

6. Editing resources gives fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'afxres.h'

7. VC7 MFC app resource file problem RC1015 cannot open 'afxres.h'

8. test; don't open it please

10. 0, '\0', and NULL (was: help , please)

11. Help with open(), please

12. Please HELP: Open /dev/ttyd0p6 successful but write failed