CDialog::DoModal() keyboard messages?????
Author Message
 CDialog::DoModal() keyboard messages?????

After calling DoModal() i can't seem to trap WM_KEYDOWN message within
the modal window's class. Where does the messages for keyboard input
go?? I have no problems processing WM_MOUSEMOVE messages.

Cheers

John

Wed, 27 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CDialog::DoModal() keyboard messages?????

Quote:
>After calling DoModal() i can't seem to trap WM_KEYDOWN message within
>the modal window's class. Where does the messages for keyboard input
>go?? I have no problems processing WM_MOUSEMOVE messages.

John,

The keyboard messages will go to the control that's active on your
dialog. Have a play with the Spy++ application supplied with Visual
C++ - it's indispensable in answering questions like this.

Dave
----
there's no need for follow up email copies.

Thu, 28 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Posting Message to CDialog in return from DoModal()

2. CDialog::DoModal(), CDialog::EndDialog() Design Flaw

3. Q: How to move a CDialog before calling DoModal()

4. Q: CDialog::DoModal () fails

5. CDialog::DoModal

6. Using DoModal from CDialog when called from a DLL

7. CDialog.DoModal problem

8. Help. CDialog::DoModal Fail in _beginthreadex

9. CDialog::DoModal() Behaviour

10. Invalid Page Fault from CDialog.DoModal()

11. Calling CDialog::DoModal crashes

12. CDialog::DoModal()