localizing strings DBCS languages
Author Message
 localizing strings DBCS languages

Our application handles localization using separate resource files for the
languages
we currently support (French, German, Italian  and Spanish).

The application itself is a simple audio player and the user interaction is
basically
through menu selections.

My question is, what do I have to do to support a DBCS language such as
Chinese or Japanese or Korean?

I know that the menu entries will have to be translated into the DBCS
language(s).
So what goes into the resource file?

Any help will be appreciated specially the steps that need to be taken of
accomplish this task.

I will also be grateful for any suggestions regarding articles or books
relevant to this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Omar A. Salem

Wed, 03 Sep 2003 05:50:16 GMT

1. localizing strings in DBCS

2. Q: Localizing MFC to another language

3. DBCS strings in CRecordset

4. Reading a dbcs formatted ICINFO description string in Win95

5. Reading a dbcs formatted ICINFO description string in Win95

6. DBCS strings

7. Need FIX: std::wofstream Can't Output After DBCS Character Is Output (Q274012)

8. S-Language,help with strings,char arrays?

9. Hex string to void * conversion (was: Re: Language lawyer

10. multi language - string tables

11. Unicode or DBCS problem

12. multi language - string tables