How to replace default application icon with my own
Author Message
 How to replace default application icon with my own

Hello,
   With Visual C++ 4.0 and 5.0, I am unable to have my own icon as the
application icon.  I modified the default icon which the AppWizard created
with IDR_MAINFRAME ID.  However, the windows uses the MFC icon instead.  If
I use the SetIcon to change the icon in the mainframe, the explorer does
not display my icon.  Instead, it displays the default MFC icon.
   I will appreciate it if someone can tell me how to change the
application icon so that it will show up in the explorer view too.
Thanks,
T. Chan

Thu, 14 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to replace default application icon with my own

Hi T Chan,

You must change both the 32x32 Icon resource aAND the 16x16 resource
(the one Explorer uses).  There are two resources for each Appwizard
generated icon.

Charles Steinhardt[MVP]

Fri, 15 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to change the mfc icon with our own icon in the SDI applications

2. replacing the mfc icon with owr own

3. Replacing Default MFC icon

4. Replacing default icon in app titlebar

5. Console Applications ran from service have default icons???

6. Application default icon

7. How to set default application icon?

8. How to change the default application icon

9. own file type with own icon

10. Default Icon Hell: MFC Icon appears even after file and IDR_MAINFRAME changed

11. I want to replace the CTreeCtrl in CTreeView by my own

12. Need code to replace the desktop window with my own