URGENT: Serious Problem With CImageList...Please Help!
Author Message
 URGENT: Serious Problem With CImageList...Please Help!

Hi,
  I'm having a problem trying to create an object of CImageList class. This
code shows how I created the object:

  CImageList* TVImageList;
  TVImageList->Create( 16, 16, ILC_COLOR4, 5, 1 );

every time the compiler reaches this line, it crashes and display the
following error message:

  "Unhandled exception in test.exe 0xC0000005 access violation"

When I checked the debugging window (bottom-left, auto-tab) I noticed that
under the object I created (i.e. TVImageList) the member data
"m_hImageList" has the following value:

  CXX0017: Error: symbol "_IMAGELIST" not found

I tried different constructors...I included InitCommonControls()...I
included "commctrl.h"...but same problem, it will not pass that line above
for creating the object!

If you're experienced programmer and know what's causing that error, I'll
be grateful to hear from you ASAP. Thanx a lot for your time and I do
appreciate your help...

HSR
--
    _______________________
AL-/_ ___ ___ __      ___  (TM)

Mon, 25 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 URGENT: Serious Problem With CImageList...Please Help!

You have Declared a variable of type pointer to CImageList, but there is no
ImageList. I don't have VC on this machine, but try either

CImageList TVImageList; // Declare on the stack
TVImageList.Create(...

or CImageList* TVImageList = new CImageList;            // On the heap
TVImageList->Create...

or Declare a member variable of type CImageList in your view class (or
dialog class)
CImageList m_TVImageList;

Then, in the initialization of the class, you can use

m_TVImageList.Create(...

Hope this helps. One of these should put you on the right track.

Steve

Quote:
> Hi,
>   I'm having a problem trying to create an object of CImageList class.
This
> code shows how I created the object:

>   CImageList* TVImageList;
>   TVImageList->Create( 16, 16, ILC_COLOR4, 5, 1 );

> every time the compiler reaches this line, it crashes and display the
> following error message:

>   "Unhandled exception in test.exe 0xC0000005 access violation"

Mon, 25 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. URGENT: Serious Problem With CImageList...Please Help!

2. Serious Problems using OCX Component ... (Urgent)

3. Serious problem with OCX method (urgent) ...

4. HELP ME PLEASE... I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP

5. URGENT URGENT PLEASE HELP ME ActiveX multiples classes

6. Please help me solve this problem....urgent

7. Please help:Problem with interoperability-Urgent

8. Hi. I have an urgent problem, please help....

9. Please Help - Urgent - HTML Control problem.

10. Urgent please help LPSTR Array function passing problem

11. PROBLEM WITH VC++ AND ACCESS -- URGENT, PLEASE HELP

12. URGENT: SendMessage problem, please help.