Trying to include classes from .dll, getting linker error with CRuntimeClass
Author Message
 Trying to include classes from .dll, getting linker error with CRuntimeClass

I've got a small project where I've removed some of the classes and put them
in a .dll.  I've declared them all with the AFX_EXT_CLASS.  The .dll
compiles fine.  But, when I go to build the original project (and thus link
to the .dll), I'm getting a linker error that says:

public: static struct CRuntimeClass  CText::classCText"

This class is defined no differently than my other classes, and they all
compile just fine.  What the hell, Mel?

Tue, 25 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Trying to include classes from .dll, getting linker error with CRuntimeClass
Hi.

You require An MFC extension Dll to export classes with MFC support.

Regards:
vinod kumar k.l

www.e-supportpoint.com

Quote:
> I've got a small project where I've removed some of the classes and put
them
> in a .dll.  I've declared them all with the AFX_EXT_CLASS.  The .dll
> compiles fine.  But, when I go to build the original project (and thus
link
> to the .dll), I'm getting a linker error that says:

> public: static struct CRuntimeClass  CText::classCText"

> This class is defined no differently than my other classes, and they all
> compile just fine.  What the hell, Mel?

Wed, 26 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Trying to include classes from .dll, getting linker error with CRuntimeClass

Quote:
> Hi.

> You require An MFC extension Dll to export classes with MFC support.

It is an extension DLL.

There are five classes in the DLL.  Four of them compile just fine.  But on
the fifth one, I get the error message.

Wed, 26 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. linker error with SDI application view class exported from the DLL

2. VS.NET newbie: VC++ includes, linker error

3. Why do i get linker errors??? (Code included)

4. Please help me - I am getting linker error !!!

5. Getting error when SCM tries to start an automatic service

6. Unresolved linker error getting UNC

7. Getting error when trying to register STCOLL

8. Linker error for .ctor and Finalize in managed classes

9. Linker error when inheriting a templatized class

10. HELP! Linker error with template class functions

11. Linker error with class

12. Linker error with matrix template class