SetWindowLong and ES_NOHIDESEL
Author Message
 SetWindowLong and ES_NOHIDESEL

Quote:
>Lately I was asked to add a spell check to the application, that was
>easy enough, but I also had to change the edit boxes styles on the fly
>so that when doing spell checking, ES_NOHIDSEL will be on when the
>speller dialog box finds a misspelled word.

>For some reason this doesn't work, I checked that the flag is being
>set in the edit control but the selection is still not shown when the
>edit control loses the focus.

Eli

Many controls don't alter their style behaviour dynamically. The style
bits may change, but the control's behaviour doesn't. In these
situations one possible work-around is to maintain 2 controls and
hide/show the appropriate one.

Dave
----
there's no need for follow up email copies.

Thu, 21 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: SetWindowLong/GetWindowLong calls for ActiveX IE control

2. Help with SetWindowLong

3. SetWindowLong with DWL_MSGRESULT: what for???

4. SetWindowLong

5. SetWindowLong

6. Subclassing CDialog with SetWindowLong(...)

7. changing list control styles -- SetWindowLong???

8. SetWindowLong not working

9. Use GWL_USERDATA + SetWindowLong/GetWindowLong or SetProp/GetProp to store user data???

10. Anyone know: SetWindowLong(GWL_WNDPROC) fails, causes ASSERT wincore.cpp line 392?

11. Why SetWindowLong cannot change the style of an edit box?

12. ::SetWindowLong can't be used to set extra styles of CEdit??