Update On TaskBar Buttons Flickering Problem
Author Message
 Update On TaskBar Buttons Flickering Problem

Has anyone seen issues where the Buttons on the Taskbar flicker when running
multiple threads?

The Software is just process that Listens on Ports.  It contains no GUI controls.

You may have to read the previous post below first since this is additional
information added to that.

I now think it has nothing to do with CAsyncSocket as I have dug into the issue
further.

I have a thread that spawns 2 more threads using
_beginthread(ThreadFunction,STACK_SIZE, pParams1);
_beginthread(ThreadFunction,STACK_SIZE, pParams2);

where ThreadFunction is the same Function.  I have found that when I comment out
one of the threads, the problem goes away.  I am also 2 seperate named events and
WaitForSingleObject to signal when the threads should exit.  I have a Params
structure that I use to pass data into the threads and I use a seperate instance
for each thread and pass the event handle in.

Here was my previous post related to this.

I have an issue where I am Using CAsyncSocket as a port mapper (ie I am listening
on a well known port and copying packets to a well known port).  The problem is
the buttons on my taskbar flicker wildly.  I am not using all of the cpu (ie I am
rendering my cpu cycle in the thread and when I look at the task manager this is
verified)

I have a thread that listens for incoming connections and a thread that does the
copying of the data and I am not using any of the events FD_CLOSE, FD_READ, etc.
I just pass in NULL for that parameter of create.

My guess is that CAsyncSocket must be affecting some windows refresh event or
something like that, but I really have no clue what is causing this.

The code works great except for this issue.

Any Suggestions would be appreciated.
.

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 07:26:23 GMT
 Update On TaskBar Buttons Flickering Problem
The only time I have problems like this is when I use UI code.  If you for
example, disable an item, and enable the item in the same function, it still
causes a flicker to occur.  Maybe not your problem, but it sure sounds like
something along these lines from the below.

-----
[...]

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:01:06 GMT

1. Buttons On Taskbar Flickering while Using CAsyncSocket

2. Flickering owner-drawn button problem

3. Icon Problem on Taskbar Button?

4. Flicker free updating listview from threads??

5. flicker free update

6. Screen flicker when updating ListCtrl items

7. Force update of taskbar icon text?

8. Updating the Taskbar from a dialog based app

9. Updating Taskbar on minimize?

10. Flickering Bitmat Buttons

11. Flickering button

12. moving a button without flickering.