How to install ODBC components on a W95 system
Author Message
 How to install ODBC components on a W95 system

  I have an Access DB app that I need to install on the PCs where I work.
The problem is that none of the machines but mine and 1 other have the ODBC
Administrator and drivers installed.

I need to get my setup program to install the Administrator and the Access
drivers.  I read the ODBC SDK documentation.  From what I gather, I should
call the DLL functions in the installer DLL to do this correctly.

As is typical, the help files DON'T explain the correct order and method to
accomplishing this.

I am building my setup using the Install Shield edition that came w/ VC++5.

If anyone can give me any advice or a point in the right direction, I would
be grateful.

Thanx,

Wed, 02 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to install ODBC components on a W95 system

The installshield Web site has a 'white paper' on how to do this in{*filter*}
detail. Including a sample app.

Quote:
>   I have an Access DB app that I need to install on the PCs where I work.
> The problem is that none of the machines but mine and 1 other have the
ODBC
> Administrator and drivers installed.

> I need to get my setup program to install the Administrator and the
Access
> drivers.  I read the ODBC SDK documentation.  From what I gather, I
should
> call the DLL functions in the installer DLL to do this correctly.

> As is typical, the help files DON'T explain the correct order and method
> accomplishing this.

> I am building my setup using the Install Shield edition that came w/
VC++5.

> If anyone can give me any advice or a point in the right direction, I
would
> be grateful.

> Thanx,

Thu, 03 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC 3.0 standard components install.

2. Installing DAO on w95 and w98

3. How to install System Wide Hooks, Sample code included working for installing app

4. System Call under W95

5. Registry searching for installed components

6. Side by Side COMponent install

7. How to install ATL components ?

8. Registry Search for Installed components

9. Installing Windows Components

10. check & install win components

11. Installing additional components problem, Add/Remove cpl

12. How do I Install ActiveX component.