Urgent! Please help this VB/Java/C programmer into the VC++ world.
Author Message
 Urgent! Please help this VB/Java/C programmer into the VC++ world.

Urgent! Please help this VB/Java/C programmer into the VC++ world.

Hello All:

Please help. I was quite comfortable in the VB world and became proficient
at writing VB ActiveX DLLs that work just great in MTS. There, I can do
anything I want with a SQL Server backend, using ADO and stored procedures.
We use these to power our ASP-based web sites and everything works great.

However...

Now, our director wants all of our internal, component library to be written
in VC++. Great, I say. To get started, I really need to build a simple DLL
that I can put into MTS and Create, Retrieve, Update, and Delete data by
calling a stored procedure using ADO.

What books and/or sites could you recommend for tutorials on how to do this
in VC++?

(Note 1: I have "Teach Yourself VC++ 6 In 21 Days", but this book covers
only "MFC extension DLLs" and "regular DLLs". However, it seems that I need
to find out about ATL-based DLLs-- that is, ActiveX in-process DLLs.)

(Note 2: I already have many great learning materials on straight C++. What
I really need is material that is VC++- and Microsoft- world specific.

(Note 3: I am sorry, in advance, if this cross-posting-- but I really need
to get up and running fast.)

Thank you, very much.

--

"I have made this letter longer than usual, because I lack the time to make
it short." -- Blaise Pascal.

Tue, 04 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Urgent! Please help this VB/Java/C programmer into the VC++ world.

Try "Database Programming Using Visual C++ 6"

Quote:
> Urgent! Please help this VB/Java/C programmer into the VC++ world.

> Hello All:

> Please help. I was quite comfortable in the VB world and became proficient
> at writing VB ActiveX DLLs that work just great in MTS. There, I can do
> anything I want with a SQL Server backend, using ADO and stored
procedures.
> We use these to power our ASP-based web sites and everything works great.

> However...

> Now, our director wants all of our internal, component library to be
written
> in VC++. Great, I say. To get started, I really need to build a simple DLL
> that I can put into MTS and Create, Retrieve, Update, and Delete data by
> calling a stored procedure using ADO.

> What books and/or sites could you recommend for tutorials on how to do
this
> in VC++?

> (Note 1: I have "Teach Yourself VC++ 6 In 21 Days", but this book covers
> only "MFC extension DLLs" and "regular DLLs". However, it seems that I
need
> to find out about ATL-based DLLs-- that is, ActiveX in-process DLLs.)

> (Note 2: I already have many great learning materials on straight C++.
What
> I really need is material that is VC++- and Microsoft- world specific.

> (Note 3: I am sorry, in advance, if this cross-posting-- but I really need
> to get up and running fast.)

> Thank you, very much.

> --

> "I have made this letter longer than usual, because I lack the time to
make
> it short." -- Blaise Pascal.

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Urgent! Please help this VB/Java/C programmer into the VC++ world.

2. Urgent! Please help this VB/Java/C programmer into the VC++ world.

3. Urgent! Please help this VB/Java/C programmer into the VC++ world.

4. Urgent! Please help this VB/Java/C programmer into the VC++ world.

5. Urgent! Please help this VB/Java/C programmer into the VC++ world.

6. Experienced VC++ programmers, please assist VB guy lookin to learn C++

7. Experienced VC++ programmers, please assist VB guy lookin to learn C++

8. Java Programmers Will Outnumber C++/VB/C#

9. PROBLEM WITH VC++ AND ACCESS -- URGENT, PLEASE HELP

10. URGENT - PLEASE HELP - Accessing Internet with VC++

11. SOS...SOS...SOS...URGENT HELP about VC++ build ASP componts,Please

12. Urgent help please - Cannot register VC++ Dll