Dialog-based app starting minimized
Author Message
 Dialog-based app starting minimized

Quote:
>On Win NT 4.0 with SP3, my dialog-based app starts fine and I see the dialog
>displayed at the center of the screen.  But on Win 98, my app starts out
>minimized, i.e., the icon is on the taskbar so I have to click it before I
>could see my dialog.  How can I prevent this from happening in Win98?

Rico,

Is it minimised or just behind another window? Changes to Win98 try to
prevent applications from unnecessarily pinching the focus from other
applications.

How are you starting your dialog application? Are you doing anything
in particular to show the dialog?

Dave
----
there's no need for follow up email copies.

Wed, 03 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialog-based app starting minimized

Quote:
>>On Win NT 4.0 with SP3, my dialog-based app starts fine and I see the
dialog
>>displayed at the center of the screen.  But on Win 98, my app starts out
>>minimized, i.e., the icon is on the taskbar so I have to click it before I
>>could see my dialog.  How can I prevent this from happening in Win98?

>Rico,

>Is it minimised or just behind another window? Changes to Win98 try to
>prevent applications from unnecessarily pinching the focus from other
>applications.

I think it is minimized.  When I go through all displayed windows and
minimize them, I still don't see my app's window.

Quote:

>How are you starting your dialog application? Are you doing anything
>in particular to show the dialog?

I'm not doing anything special, since it works fine in NT.  For now, to
remedy this situation, I post a WM_SYSCOMMAND message with SC_RESTORE in
InitDialog().

Rico

Fri, 05 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialog-based app starting minimized

Quote:
>I think it is minimized.  When I go through all displayed windows and
>minimize them, I still don't see my app's window.

If it is minimised I can't think what specifically in Win98 would
cause that.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Dave
----
there's no need for follow up email copies.

Sat, 06 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Starting a Dialog Based app minimized.

2. Start a dialog based application minimized

3. HOWTO: hide dialog when a dialog-based app starts

4. start dialog app minimized

5. Adding a minimize button to an existing dialog based app

6. Dialog-based app, always minimized

7. Again: minimizing dialog-based app on startup....

8. Detect when dialog-based app is minimized?

9. Dialog based app minimize on startup???/

10. Q: Smart Minimize and MFC Dialog Based App

11. Help please - Dialog-based app won't start - Acc Vio C0000005 - VC 5 - Win200

12. dialog based mfc app that starts without showing the main window