MS Visual Studio 6.0 and Windows XP SP1
Author Message
 MS Visual Studio 6.0 and Windows XP SP1

Anyone out there having problems with this configuration.....

For us, MSVS (Visual C++) hangs intermitently usually while trying to debug
or use intellisense.

We previously used MSVS on Win 2K without any problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Adrian

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:34:51 GMT
 MS Visual Studio 6.0 and Windows XP SP1

Adrian,

I'm using XP Pro (SP1) with VS 6.0 (SP5) without any problems. I will tell
you that I keep this machine as up to date as "up to date" gets.

Additionally, I have the XP themes all disabled/turned off and am using the
classic windows look (believe it or not, we had considerable issues when
these options were enabled with all sorts of products).

I would take the time to get all the XP hot fixes installed, if Studio is
not up to date, get it updated, etc...

D.

Quote:
> Anyone out there having problems with this configuration.....

> For us, MSVS (Visual C++) hangs intermitently usually while trying to
debug
> or use intellisense.

> We previously used MSVS on Win 2K without any problems.

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Thanks

> Adrian

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:31:40 GMT
 MS Visual Studio 6.0 and Windows XP SP1

Thanks for the reposnse.

I'll try the "Classic Windows Look".  Is there something I need to do in XP
to "disabled/turn off XP Themes"?

We have installed XP SP1 - where will I find the XP hotfixes?

Adrian

Where will

Quote:
> Adrian,

> I'm using XP Pro (SP1) with VS 6.0 (SP5) without any problems. I will tell
> you that I keep this machine as up to date as "up to date" gets.

> Additionally, I have the XP themes all disabled/turned off and am using
the
> classic windows look (believe it or not, we had considerable issues when
> these options were enabled with all sorts of products).

> I would take the time to get all the XP hot fixes installed, if Studio is
> not up to date, get it updated, etc...

> D.

> > Anyone out there having problems with this configuration.....

> > For us, MSVS (Visual C++) hangs intermitently usually while trying to
> debug
> > or use intellisense.

> > We previously used MSVS on Win 2K without any problems.

> > Any help would be appreciated.

> > Thanks

> > Adrian

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:08:24 GMT

1. Debugging with Visual Studio 6.0 on Windows XP

2. Obtaining SP1 for Visual Studio 6.0

3. Visual Studio 6.0 SP1

4. e: *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

5. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

6. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

7. FS: MS Visual Studio Pro 6.0 (full version)

8. FS: MS Visual Studio Pro 6.0 (full version)

9. MS Visual Studio 6.0 and RogueWave Tools.h++

10. Compiling a C program with MS Visual Studio 6.0

11. Problem with Visual Studio 6.0 (Visual C++ 6.0) !!!!

12. Bugs in MS Visual Studio 6.0