Running an mfc application made for 95 on NT
Author Message
 Running an mfc application made for 95 on NT

Hi,
I have a little problem (little for you) :
i have done an application with MFC on win95 (with visualc++5.0).
On Win95 it runs very well (I only have to copy msvcrt.dll and mfc42.dll
and an ocx that i use in windows\system and use regsvr32.exe to register the
ocx).
On NT i do the same thing and execute the redistrib executables on visualc5
but
the application doesn't run. (the application is launched during 500ms and
stops).
If i install visualC5 on the NT computer the application works great.
What does it install ?? any ideas will be welcome??

Thanks,

Luis

Sat, 11 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Running an mfc application made for 95 on NT

Quote:

>Hi,
>I have a little problem (little for you) :
>i have done an application with mfc on win95 (with visualc++5.0).
>On Win95 it runs very well (I only have to copy msvcrt.dll and mfc42.dll
>and an ocx that i use in windows\system and use regsvr32.exe to register
the
>ocx).
>On NT i do the same thing and execute the redistrib executables on visualc5
>but
>the application doesn't run. (the application is launched during 500ms and
>stops).
>If i install visualC5 on the NT computer the application works great.
>What does it install ?? any ideas will be welcome??

If you run it in the de{*filter*}, you should get a bunch of TRACE statements in
the Output window about the DLLs that its trying to load during
initialization.  Take a look at that and make sure everything is accounted
for on the machine in question.

- Jon Pearsall, DXI Incorporated, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
For replies, remove "_NO_SPAM" from address.
"Move along people.  There's nothin' more to see here."

Sat, 11 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Running an mfc application made for 95 on NT

Hi,

You could use depends.exe to find out the required dlls.
Then ensure that they are all registered in your NT Wkstn.

Krams

Sun, 12 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Determine which applications/processes are running on NT/95 system

2. MFC on NT V MFC on 95/98

3. Making an MFC application an NT service.

4. Develope DB for clients computers running microsoft 95/98/NT

5. Release build runs on 95 but not NT

6. Determine if running Win95/95/NT/2000?

7. NT build won't run on 95

8. Code does not run under windows 95/98 but on NT

9. How to find out, wether a prog is running under NT/95

10. MFC App Wizard-generated database application runs like a dog under NT 4.0

11. Building a Windows 95 Application in NT

12. Porting application from Win 95 to Win NT