URGENT !! Problem with DLL
Author Message
 URGENT !! Problem with DLL

Hi all,

I'm writing a class in Visual C++ 6.0 : I'm not using functions of MFC but
only ANSI functions.

Can I export this class with Extern "C" format ?

Thanks for answer.

Milano - ITALY

Tue, 04 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 URGENT !! Problem with DLL

Quote:

>Hi all,

>I'm writing a class in Visual C++ 6.0 : I'm not using functions of MFC but
>only ANSI functions.

>Can I export this class with Extern "C" format ?

"No".

Seriously, extern "C" does not just change the exporting of
functions, it tells the compiler that the block of code in parentheses
is pure C. That means no classes. Wrapping in extern "C"
would cause the compile to fail.

If you must export classes that can be used from C code,
consider making your classes COM objects. Then they can be
used from any COM-aware language.

Quote:
>Thanks for answer.

>Milano - ITALY

Sun, 09 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Very Urgent - DLL Linking Problem

2. VC DLL Problem Under Windows NT4.0-------urgent

3. URGENT: mfcce300d.dll with Setup.dll for .CAB files

4. urgent: unable to load the dll

5. URGENT : ARRAY from ATL DLL to VB

6. URGENT : Passing SAFEARRAY of UDT from ATL DLL to VB

7. DLL in a signed CAB file - Urgent

8. urgent-First chance exception in iexplore.exe (ntdll.dll)-invalid handle

9. Urgent: How to debug my DLL

10. Accessing DB through DLL [urgent]

11. URGENT: IsTNT kernel32.dll runtime error

12. URGENT: IsTNT kernel32.dll runtime error