getting wierd error back from Crypto after install of Power Point
Author Message
 getting wierd error back from Crypto after install of Power Point

     I have some code using MFC's crypto libraries. The code ran fine for a
number of months and still runs fine on my NT box, but my laptop that runs
98 started puking after Power Point was installed. I tried uninstalling
Power Point, but it did no good.

    The code dies in two spots. The one hunk of code is to generate new
keys. I get an error back from CryptGenKey. The other is  a piece of code to
hash information using those keys. It dies in CryptImportKey. Both of these
functions are passed CRYPT_EXPORTABLE.

    I get the same error number back from these functions 2148073504. I
tried using FormatMessage to print out the string value and it returns NULL
and I checked the MSDN and didn't find any refernce to this error number.

    Anybody seen anything like this. I don't like the idea of sending out
code that can suddenly die because the user install another MS product.

            Thanks,
            Debbie

Sun, 28 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. wierd wierd error

2. Wierd serialization prob - when I load the same file back in

3. computing floating point powers

4. Printng Power Point documents using ShellExecute

5. Some problem with MS Power point using VBA

6. Connection Point Sending Structure back to the Client

7. Getting battery power status on Pocket PC?

8. Wierd Bus Errors...

9. wierd compiler error

10. Wierd cast error

11. Wierd error message after compiling with cc

12. Wierd Heap Error