LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"
Author Message
 LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"

Hello, I get this error when I try to compile
the VcTerm sample from my MSDN Library cd-rom
that came with my VC++ 6.0.

is mfc42u.lib old or name change?

jeff

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:23:12 GMT
 LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"
Hi..

    mfc42u.lib is an unicode library.

    Have you installed the Unicode Libraries when installing the MSDN
Library from the CD ?

Cheers
Check Abdoul
-----------------

Quote:
> Hello, I get this error when I try to compile
> the VcTerm sample from my MSDN Library cd-rom
> that came with my VC++ 6.0.

> is mfc42u.lib old or name change?

> jeff

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:54:12 GMT
 LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"
Hello, I went to setup again on the cd-rom and ran reinstall and i do not
see any seperate options for unicode.

Could you please tell me in a more detailed explanation.
I am on Windows 98 2nd edition.

Thank You

Jeff

Quote:
> Hi..

>     mfc42u.lib is an unicode library.

>     Have you installed the Unicode Libraries when installing the MSDN
> Library from the CD ?

> Cheers
> Check Abdoul
> -----------------

> > Hello, I get this error when I try to compile
> > the VcTerm sample from my MSDN Library cd-rom
> > that came with my VC++ 6.0.

> > is mfc42u.lib old or name change?

> > jeff

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:39:34 GMT
 LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"
Check the various options in detail. One of them is for the libraries
to be loaded, which has an explicit listing of "Unicode Debug",
"Unicode Release", and so on.
                        joe

Quote:

>Hello, I went to setup again on the cd-rom and ran reinstall and i do not
>see any seperate options for unicode.

>Could you please tell me in a more detailed explanation.
>I am on Windows 98 2nd edition.

>Thank You

>Jeff

>> Hi..

>>     mfc42u.lib is an unicode library.

>>     Have you installed the Unicode Libraries when installing the MSDN
>> Library from the CD ?

>> Cheers
>> Check Abdoul
>> -----------------

>> > Hello, I get this error when I try to compile
>> > the VcTerm sample from my MSDN Library cd-rom
>> > that came with my VC++ 6.0.

>> > is mfc42u.lib old or name change?

>> > jeff

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

Web: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:05:00 GMT
 LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"
It means your project is in unicode version, and I wonder if your vc has it's unicode patch.

| Hello, I get this error when I try to compile
| the VcTerm sample from my MSDN Library cd-rom
| that came with my VC++ 6.0.
|
| is mfc42u.lib old or name change?
|
| jeff

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:39:08 GMT
 LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"
Here is my solution
RESOLUTION:
***********
1) Go to the Control Panel
2) Select Add/Remove Programs
3) Select Microsoft Visual C++ 6
4) Click on Add/Remove Button
5) Select VC++ MFC and Template Libraries ...Change Option
6) Select MS Foundation Class Libraries .. Change Option
7) Select Static Libraries for Unicode and Shared Libraries for
Unicode
8) Select OK and Continue to install
9) Try to build again...

jeff

Quote:
> It means your project is in unicode version, and I wonder if your vc has
it's unicode patch.

Quote:
> | Hello, I get this error when I try to compile
> | the VcTerm sample from my MSDN Library cd-rom
> | that came with my VC++ 6.0.
> |
> | is mfc42u.lib old or name change?
> |
> | jeff

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 02:09:41 GMT

1. fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"

2. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"

3. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"

4. Why "cannot open file nafxcwd.lib"?

5. cannot open file "mfc42ud.lib"??

6. cannot open file "nafxcwd.lib"

7. cannot open file "nafxcwd.lib"

8. cannot open file "nafxcwd.lib"

9. cannot open file "nafxcw.lib"

10. Cannot open file "nafxcw.lib"

11. Why cannot open file "MFCCE1d.lib"

12. Linking error: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"