Command output and dialog app.
Author Message
 Command output and dialog app.

Hi,

I made a simple application like 'Error Lookup' (errlook.exe) in VC++.

When I start my program from a command prompt, I want it to act as follows:

1) if no parameter is supplied, the program should start as the normal GUI
program (a dialog).
2) when a parameter is supplied, the program should act as a dos-program and
just return a string (in the command window it was started !!)

Hope someone knows how to do this...

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:12:26 GMT
 Command output and dialog app.
I'm not sure this is possible. I know that some programs (some
components of VS) load a .com file instead of the .exe, and the .com
file is the CLI (command line interface) version.

--Russell

Quote:

> Hi,

> I made a simple application like 'Error Lookup' (errlook.exe) in VC++.

> When I start my program from a command prompt, I want it to act as follows:

> 1) if no parameter is supplied, the program should start as the normal GUI
> program (a dialog).
> 2) when a parameter is supplied, the program should act as a dos-program and
> just return a string (in the command window it was started !!)

> Hope someone knows how to do this...

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 05:35:29 GMT

1. Repeated request: command output and dialog app.

2. output to command-line for a MFC-dialog based app

3. Redirecting output from command line program to MFC App

4. Using the CONSOLE for output from a Dialog-based MFC App

5. Pass Command line arguments to Dialog based app.

6. Dialog App & Command Line

7. Simple Dialog app and the WIN AT command?????

8. Problem with context menu command routing ,in a dialog app (newbie)

9. Command Line Arguments in Dialog based App

10. MFC and DOS apps - Redirecting console output to an MFC app (Newbie)

11. How to run a Console app from Graphic app and pick up the output

12. MFC and DOS apps - Redirecting console output to an MFC app (Newbie)