Q: ActiveX CTL Getting Printer Info From Container
Author Message
 Q: ActiveX CTL Getting Printer Info From Container

 Hello,

 I am developing an ActiveX control using ATL.  It is very important that I
 know what printer the container is currently working with, so I can draw
 my control on the screen in a WYSIWYG fashion.  I currently can can get
 the printers HDC and DEVMODE ONLY when the control is printed by the container
 (using the pta member of ATL's ATL_DRAWINFO structure), but not when the
 control is being displayed on the screen.  It is a problem if the user
 never prints from the container.

 My question is this.

        1) I need to know from inside my control what printer the container
           is working with.  I need to know the printer's name, DEVMODE,
           and/or HDC before the control is drawn for the first time.

               How can I get this information and at what time?

 Mike Riston

 www.halcyon.com/riston

              Web    -   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 17 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Ctl-C, Ctl-X and Ctl-V in RichEditCtrl

2. mfc printing problem -- getting printer info

3. slightly OT: need help finding info on quering printers for info

4. ActiveX Ctl within a List Control

5. Pro. in ActiveX Ctl of ATL

6. add Activex control to Activex container daynamically

7. Getting printer handle from Printer.hDC

8. newbie: subclassing richedit in an ActiveX MFC ctl

9. Handling ActiveX control events without an ActiveX container

10. ActiveX ctl runs ok in Release but only at design time

11. sharing data between Excel sheed and ActiveX ctl

12. Pro. in ActiveX Ctl of ATL