Howto setup serial I/O ???
Author Message
 Howto setup serial I/O ???

Hi all,

Is there anyone out there who can give me an example on setting up
serial I/O using CreateFile, CreateThread, ReadFile and WriteFile.

The problem is: I have a device connect to my COM4 by only the Receive
and Transmit wires. The device, an external data aqcuisition card, needs
only one byte to read a specific channel of the device. After the
devices received the byte it returns the data from the asked channel.
Sending a byte to the device is not the problem but receiving the data,
also only one byte, from the device is the problem.

How do I solve this??

Thanks in advance

Fri, 02 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. With VC++ 4.2, howto setup su for unicode?

2. howto: programmatically determine windows os version

3. Diff between PPC OS / HPC OS/ eXP OS

4. Serial Port Setup

5. Serial I/O w/ OS/2 v1.3

6. DAOSDK/Setup Files are missing after Setup

7. Bind my setup program with IE-setup

8. ODBC Driver Setup - Not Source Driver Setup

9. DAOSDK/Setup Files are missing after Setup

10. Serial port to serial port copying software

11. using PC/104 serial expansion board with WinCE, 4 serial ports total

12. Challenge: Virtual serial ports from real serial port