Minimizing a window to the system tray
Author Message
 Minimizing a window to the system tray

Any ideas on how to minimize a window to the system tray, and then catch
events (say clicks) from the iconified application so I can bring up popup
messages?

Casey Crabb

Sun, 01 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Minimizing a window to the system tray
You need to hook the Shell and subclassing the SystemTray... The iconified
applications are nothing but pushbuttons which are child windows of the
SystemTray... I don't know how easy/hard it is, but that seems to be the
only way... Correct me if I am wrong...

-K2

Quote:
>Any ideas on how to minimize a window to the system tray, and then catch
>events (say clicks) from the iconified application so I can bring up popup
>messages?

>Casey Crabb

Sun, 01 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Minimizing a window to the system tray

Quote:
>Any ideas on how to minimize a window to the system tray, and then catch
>events (say clicks) from the iconified application so I can bring up popup
>messages?

You can look at the TRAYNOT (tray notifivation) sample or you can check the
docs for Shell_NotifyIcon().

Regards,
Will

Sun, 01 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Minimizing a window to the system tray
On Wed, 14 Oct 1998 14:24:45 -0700, "KK"

Quote:

>You need to hook the Shell and subclassing the SystemTray... The iconified
>applications are nothing but pushbuttons which are child windows of the
>SystemTray... I don't know how easy/hard it is, but that seems to be the
>only way... Correct me if I am wrong...

...not sure why KK is advocating subclassing and hooking here - it is
pretty simply.  You just need to use the Win32 API function
Shell_NotifyIcon().  There is a handy C++ class to wrapper the
gruesome details and do most of the work for you at
http://www.codeguru.com/shell/systemtray.shtml

Regards,
Jon Sturgeon

Sun, 01 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CoolHide - Help you hide/minimize window to Tray and hide icons from the system tray

2. minimize to system tray

3. Starting an app minimized on the system tray

4. Minimize an application to system tray

5. Minimize apps in System tray

6. Minimizing to system tray

7. Minimizing to system tray

8. Minimize into System Tray

9. Minimizing to system tray

10. system button on Windows application disappear (-minimize,full screen,* close)

11. MINIMIZING DOS SYSTEM WINDOW

12. minimize to tray?