Differences in editions of Visual C++
Author Message
 Differences in editions of Visual C++

Hi,

I am currently in the process of buying a copy of Visual C++ for
DirectX development but am confused about the differences in the three
different editions, i.e :-

        Standard Edition
        Professional Edition
        Enterprise Edition

Can someone please help me out here or atleast point me in the right
direction.

Many thanks, in advance

Frank Driver

Sun, 01 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Differences in editions of Visual C++
Standard (Learning) Edition - All compiler stuff, but no optimiser
Professional Edition - All compiler stuff with optimiser + install shield +
some others
Enterprise Edition - All above with database server and more...

Therefore, all versions include directX.

V5.0 includes DirectX 3
V6.0 includes DirectX 5

although you can get hold of DirectX 6, and it should work on either
platform

Neil

Sun, 01 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. upgrading from Visual C++ 6 Learning Edition to Standard Edition

2. FS: MS Visual C++ Enterprise Edition 4.2, RISC Edition 4.00 (UK)

3. Borland C++ vs Turbo C++ Visual Edition

4. Difference between Visual C++ and Visual Basic

5. Difference between Visual C++ and Visual Basic

6. MS Visual C++ 1.1 32bit edition

7. Does Visual C++ 5.0 Learning Edition generate .EXEs?

8. ODBC API call in Visual C++ 5.0 Professional Edition

9. Question about _WINDOWS in Visual C++ 32-bit edition

10. Visual C++ 6.0 Enterprise Edition Crash

11. unable to access profiler in Visual Studio 6.0 c++ enterprise edition, profile dialog disabled