DLL initialization problem in console app
Author Message
 DLL initialization problem in console app

I have a very odd problem which I hope someone can help me with.

I've got a large library of support classes which is built as a static
library (.lib), and uses the option "Use MFC in a shared DLL". This
library calls (amoung other things) Oracle's OCI interface.

This all works just great as an ISAPI extension.

When I try and link it to a console application, or a simple MFC
application, it dies during startup, apparently while trying to set up
the heap. Here's the traceback:

_lock
_heap_alloc
_nh_alloc
malloc (this Malloc is for 2013961048 bytes, btw)
MSVCIRT!

OCIW32! (Oracle's call interface)
RtlAllocateHeap
OCIW32!

None of my code even gets invoked. It seems like the startup code is

Note that if I do NOT use my static library, and link Oracle directly,
everything's fine. You'd think this would point to my static library,
but remember that everything works
FINE under ISAPI.

Seems like there's some sort of runtime initialization trick I'm
missing..

TIA

Fri, 12 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. dll and console app problem?

2. console app + Dialog DLL problems

3. Need help converting a console app to windows app with a DLL

4. Building a console app that doesn't require mscoree.dll in Visual C++ .NET

5. About converting Console App to DLL

6. DLL: recognising windows or console app. calls

7. Writing to an _iobuf in a DLL called from a multithreaded console app

8. DLL Initialization problem

9. DLL initialization problem .. HELP

10. DLL initialization problem

11. Invoking a console app and hiding the console.

12. problems with database access via ODBC in console app